Kyle{2}

(Ruby {I'm too lazy to look for a pic of him. Just imagine him as whoever!})
Edited by me
Who is she talking to?
My eyes snap open, when I see my mother, next to my father, who is next to... Some guy. A tall and slim teenage guy, with pale skin, dirty blonde hair, and dark green eyes. He was staring back at me with them so.. Strangely.
"Well hello Ruby, it's nice to finally meet you." He flashes me a bright smile, laugh lines appearing, putting his hand out.
Oh god, he's way too polite.
Who is he anyway?
I feel my eyebrows lift, and when I don't get up and shake his hand, my mother starts giving me her attempt of the death stare.
I let out a small groan, and I make myself walk up to him. Tilting my head slightly up to look into his eyes, I shake his hand.
"Who are you?" I ask. After I say it I realize how rude it sounded. But before I could do anything about it he simply replies,
"Kyle."
My mother seemed to notice that was her cue," Oh yes, this is Kyle. We adopted him. Surprise!"
I felt my mouth drop,
"What?"
"We adopted him!" She repeats, brown brown eyes glowing.
"What? Oh god- he's not a pet."
I was supposed to get a god-damn pet!
Something flashes in Kyle's eyes when I speak. but he doesn't say anything.
Say something rude, I dare you, Buddy.
"What? No- of course he's not a pet!" She lets out a small laugh.
Then I remember what she said,
"You adopted him? Why didn't you like, at least warn me that all of the sudden I was going to get a sibling! I didn't get any consent in this!" I cross my arms, feeling betrayed. I was fine without a sibling before, and I don't need one now!
I see my mother's face falter,
"Oh.. I-" She looks speechless. I feel regret in the pit of my stomach.
I play the 'mom' card because I know she likes when I call her that, rather than 'mother',
"Oh mom, I'm sorry. That came out wrong. I um- I'm just very surprised. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll feel better about this."
Not.
I was willing to lie, I love my mother greatly,and I hated to see her like that. A smile forms on her face and she brings me into a tight hug.
"Oh honey! I knew you'd like this!" I let out a sigh,"Oh and Kyle will have to sleep in your bedroom until we get all of his things together."
My eyes widen.
I look at Kyle, staring at me, with devilish smirk.
-------------------
I hope you're enjoying it so far!