A Crazy Night

Writing Letters

Chapter 27: A Crazy Night

Amelia

I hate those really stupid moments when you literally can never figure out what you want to do. Whether it be deciding on a place to eat because your parents asked or even what college you want to go to. It's difficult and currently my friends thought it would be the best idea in the world to pester me back and forth about what to do tonight, March 6th. The question of why this date is so important would mostly be the fact because about two hours away from my little old town, One Direction is performing. 

"Amelia, you have to go!" Katie whined, collapsing onto my bean bag chair with a frown. The girls decided on coming over tonight for moral support but it turned into this huge argument between the three of them. Honestly I wanted nothing to do with it but each point made had me wavering on what exactly I should do about the whole thing.

"She doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. Amelia is her own person, stop being so pushy," Justine countered.

"But this could be the only time in her life to actually meet Niall! You know? The super famous blond from One Direction?" Katie spat back with her head shaking. 

"Look at what he did to her though! He put her through a serious stage of depression, why in the world would she want to meet him?" Justine said, arms folding over her chest.

Both points made were very clear to me, mostly because they truly did represent what I was feeling as far  as Niall. On one side I wanted to go and ask him why he did what he did to me but on the flip side I didn't ever want to see him. The months I went through thinking of what I did wrong to push him away was enough to seriously contemplate how much he meant to me. It was so weird to have the heart ache as well considering I wasn't positive of my feelings for him quite yet. 

"She was only depressed because he ignored her! Think about how happy she would be when he wrapped his arms around her and apologizes," Katie pointed out. She sat up and glowered at Justine as she pursed her lips and twined her fingers together on her lap. The two stared each other down for a while until Lena waltzed into the room with a glass of juice and her eyes glued to her phone.

It was humours to watch as Lena fell onto my bed and lent against the back board, completely oblivious to the two girls fighting in front of her. In some ways it was rather typical of her to do because she had always avoided arguments due to the fact she always had her mind set in one opinion. She casually sipped at the juice, mouth chasing the straw around the cup and texting with one hand.

"What do you think Lena?" Justine questioned after a moment. Lena looked up from her phone with a deer caught in the headlights type look. 

"About what?" She hummed, eyes going back to her phone.

"Amelia going or not going to the One Direction concert tonight," Katie huffed with a glare. 

"The shows sold out, she couldn't go anyways. Besides it's all on her, you two can't tell her what to do," Lena shrugged. I smirked slightly at Lena's need to not care all to much about a situation.

"How can you-"

"In some ways I do have to say she should go but I see why she shouldn't as well," Lena cut Katie off. 

"Well, then I guess it's settled. Amelia, what are you going to do?" Justine questioned. Suddenly all eyes in the room were on me as I shuffled a bit at the direct question. Lena made it clear that the show was sold out so it's not like I could go and wave a flag around that said "It's Amelia! I need to talk Niall!". That's just not possible and in some ways I want to stay home and try not to dwell on the fact this could be my only shot.