But First, Happy Birthday (Part 2)

Writing Letters

Chapter 19(continued): But First, Happy Birthday Part 2

Niall

Around 1:10 in the morning I was finally stumbling into my room with a water bottle in hand and the sound of music thumping behind the now closed door. I wasn't drunk, no, but maybe a little high off of happiness if that is even possible. The boys came up with the idea to celebrate my birthday a day before so that it wouldn't be a crappy day tomorrow when we had to do rehearsals. In some ways I guess it made sense but it didn't help I needed to get up in 8 hours.

As per usual I grabbed my laptop from its stand and jumped into bed with my finger pressing on the power button. The boot up was normal speed and I grabbed my phone off of my bedside table to check for messages. Maybe I was expecting to have a text message from my friends back home or possibly even Carrie but my eyes were met with a blank screen. I tossed my phone to the side and typed in the password to my laptop, rolling my fingers over the keypad as everything opened.

My first stop on my nightly check up was Twitter so I opened the browser and went straight to it, looking at a few new followers and following them back. Afterwards I responded to a few of the tweets I got before closing out the Internet and checking my Skype. Ever since I sent out that letter to Amelia I've been sitting around on skype for an hour each night, waiting for a contact request or message of some sort.

Another 10 minutes of staring at my computer blankly and I began to close my laptop only to hear a noise go off and swing it open. It was as if the world read my mind because there was a new contact request from a certain Ameliaa:). For maybe a minute or so I simply stared at her name, trying to wrap around my head that she had actually added me! She's on right now, sitting around and looking at her screen just like me.

Each of my movements were rushed as I accepted her friend request and said Hello :) back to her intro message. The icon popped up for her to be typing and I was met with a greeting myself. I became a bit confused when she mentioned she was at a party only because I didn't understand why she would be on her laptop at a party. Strange girl she is.

A: Today's my birthday, haha :)

Well I guess that explains it. A huge smile grew on my face at realizing her birthday was a day before mine. I slid my laptop from my legs and jumped out of bed, running out my room and down stairs to the boys who were all around the house. First I caught sight of Liam and hastily walked up to him.

"Liam," I started but he waved me off, intent on talking to Danielle who was standing right in front of him. They had recently gotten together and it was nice until they started hanging out a bit to much like most people do in the beginning of relationships.

"Liam!" I yelled over the music and he finally turned to me with annoyance.

"What?" He sighed, arms folded. It was evident that he really didn't like me interrupting but the look on Dani's face told me it was fine.

"Amelia, she added me on Skype and I wanted to know if later you would come say hi?" I asked sheepishly. At the mention of Amelia his face lit up and he let a small smile slip past his lips. He gave a nod and then shooed me off but I was already gone, looking for the others.

Next I came across Zayn and Harry talking it up with Cher and some girl who was probably a back up dancer. I slung my arm over Zayn's shoulder and looked at him with amusement as he attempted to talk to the girls despite me hanging on him.

"Lads, I was wondering if you would like to see Amelia tonight. It's her birthday," I shrugged, stressing Amelia right into Harry's ear. His head swung around from looking at the dancer and stared right at me with a 'seriously?' look. I gave him a nod and he broke out into a wide smile with a thumbs up my way, Zayn winked his yes and I laughed. Again, I turned away in search of Louis who was always on the move.