Chapter 9

To Love Again | Squeal to Saranghae
Chapter 9
Hold my hand

"Ilhoon Oppa," I said my voice wavering. I ran up to him from behind. The others were all mixed around.

"What, shorty?" He asked. I laughed.

"Oppa, you're short too, like way short. " I said and gestured with my hand. He snarled.

"Such a bully. " Hongbin said as he slung his arm around my shoulders. I chuckled. We were all at a salon. Let my explain. So we all have to attend the MAMA awards regardless, the companies wanted us to go with a fresh look.

They gave us the basic run down of appearance and decided for us to just go deal with it ourselves. They have a lot of trust in us. Funny, I know.

"You're so mean." Ilhoon said.

"What did you call yourself again?" Dae asked me. I looked over. I rose an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"It was that English phrase. " Leo said as he stood next to me. His hand brushing mine. I brought my eyes up to meet his. He smiled.

"I don't know what you're talking about. " I said, with confusion.

"Guys, it was Hood Gangster. " Peniel said coming by us. I started laughing. Of course he would remember.

"Oh that," I said and placed a hand at my chest. "Of course. I'm a hood gangster. I'm the very best. " I said and stuck my tongue out when Chansub rolled his eyes.

"Sure you are, so scary. " Minhyuk said exaggeratedly with a laugh. I looked over to Leo, who was talking to Haekyeon. I pressed my lips back together and turned towards them once again.

"Dae, dae, " I called. Dae turned with a sigh. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"What, what?" He asked in the same tone.

"Can you call manager? I don't want to dye my hair. " I said as I played with the curly ends of my hair. I pouted while he rolled his eyes.

"Grow up, you've done this before. " he said and took hold of my shoulders from behind. He pushed me forward to the woman. I grabbed onto the table to hold myself back.

"But my hair looks good now though!" I whined.

"But- But- but- I dont give a shit." He huffed and pushed me into the chair, pouting.

"I leave you for a second, and other guys are pushing you around." I snapped my eyes up to Leo. I smiled sheepishly. Everyone knows about our relationship. Leo told Haekyeon and Haekyeon told the others. Then Hongbin gossiped to Sungjae about it. Yeah, it got around quickly.

"See?" I pointed at Dae. "He's such a bully. " I huffed. Leo smiled and sat next to me in the next booth. The woman smiled at me. She began messing with my hair. I leant my elbows on the table as everyone was getting settled.

I placed my chin on my hands and watched my reflection in the mirror. I smiled softly, I twitched my nose and watched all the weird faces I made. It felt natural.

Leo chuckled beside me as I crossed my eyes together.

"You look too silly. " he said and I looked over and smiled, the woman was snipping off the ends of my hair. The hair was getting pulled one way and snipped.

"Ani, I'm adorable. " I said as I stuck my tongue out while crossing my eyes.

"Adorable?" He asked. "I think crazy is a better word. " he said laughing. I rolled my eyes.

"Oppa!" I whined. He laughed and placed his hand over mine, which rested on the counter.

"You're adorable, arasso?" He asked and I grinned and nodded once.

"I know." I said. "I just wanted you to say it. " I said, my chest felt warm inside. He curled his fingers around mine. I dropped my eyes to our hands. "Should this really happen now?" I whispered in question. "What if someone sees this?"

"Then let them. Just hold my hand. " he said and I brought my eyes down to my lap. A smile slipping on my features.

"Ne," I whispered and held onto his fingers that stretched over my palm.

"So, after the award shows, you're leaving right?" He asked. I nodded.

"I have to go promote the new album. " I told him. Its going to be scary, Dae is staying in Korea. I'll be all alone. I asked the company to let him go with me, but they want Dae to appear in a drama, and they thought it would be best when I'm out promoting.

"Where are you going again?" He asked.

"Uh, I'm staying in China for two weeks, then Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, and then back here." I said. "I'll only be gone for like a month. " I told him.

"Mm, okay." He said and then pursed his lips.

"You'll be okay by yourself right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Of course. " I told him. "I can handle it. " I told him and he nodded.

"Just making sure. " he said and I nodded.

"I think it will be a little scary." I told him truthfully. I kept my eyes on the counter. My eyes lowering.  I tightened my grip on his hand. "I never preformed alone before. " I told him.

"I think you'll be able to handle it fine. " he said. "You're strong. I know you are. " he said. I brought my eyes up to his. I smiled softly and then dropped them back to our hands.

"I really don't want to let go." The words floated out of my mouth.

He looked me straight in the eyes and I really think I'm falling for him.

"Then don't. "