Chapter 30

HARRIS

She's not anywhere! I mean I already checked all the damn floors! This damn whole wide floor! The rooms and everything! The only place left was the first floor which has been very noisy since the pcl's warrior arrived.

The gun shots. The howling. The screams.

It's too dangerous to go down there.

The war is getting worse. The noise makes me cringe in fear.

Is Liam alright? Is everyone alright? I clenched my fist as I walked like a drunk towards- I don't know...

I'm so tired, I've been running around for a damn whole hour or more. I've even encountered some enemies and almost got shot but escaped safely.

My knees began to weaken and I stumbled and hit the wall on my left. I groaned in pain.

"I'm hungry..." I pouted as I slid down on the floor. "I need to hide...I can't stay here..." I told myself as I tried to stay conscious but my tired body could barely move.

Damn...Tania where are you? Where did you go? Are you alright? I blinked. Shit I'm dozing out...I'm going to faint.

I can't... I can't give up here...

"There's one here!" Someone stood in front of me but I couldn't see him clearly. My sight was blurred. I looked at his face and tried to identify if he's an enemy or a comrade.

Shit... who is he?

"Hey are you okay?" He asked as he waved his hand on my face. I blinked a few times. I don't have any strength to answer.

"Hey who's that?" Another one came into view.

Damn it! I'm going to faint!

"He's dozing off, we need to bring him somewhere safe." The first guy said and I groaned.

"Wait- we don't- if he's-" I can't hear him clearly. I'm losing it...

Damn... Tania, where are you?

***

"Harris? Harris? Wake up...you need to wake up."

Tania's voice... Thank goodness you're fine...

"I'm... glad..."

"Harris?" A hand shook me by my shoulders and I frowned. "Harris! Please wake up! You have to stand now once and for all or I'll splash cold water on you!"

She's so noisy. I opened my eyes slowly... trying to get use of the light above Tania's face.

"Harris...thank god! Please wake up now, we have to go before he comes back." She almost sobbed.

"Tania..." I sat up with my hands massaging my temples. "Argh! My head! It's going to fall apart!"

"Shh!" She hushed me. "They'll hear you, stay quiet okay?" I looked at her and nodded.

I stared at her pale face for a long time. Her eyes are swollen with black bugs under it. Her pink hair is in a mess... she doesn't look good.

How can you look so old in just a moment of time?

"Hi." I smiled sheepishly and she chuckled as her eyes watered up.

"H-hi..." She forced a smile but rolled her eyes after it watered up. "W-what are you still doing here? Al and the other already esca-"

"I came for you." I smiled and her eyes widened a little.

"W-what?" Her pale lips trembled. "I-I hurt Lucas...y-you should hate me-" I frowned before pulling her in my arms and she stiffened.