Chapter 29

HARRIS

I'm exhausted...

We've been running around this abandoned seven story building for more than fifteen minutes and we still haven't found our way out.

How did we get out, you ask? Well Hhans, the kid who almost killed Lucas suddenly showed up and let us out. He did not bother to explain himself any further but he's been helping Tania ever since he escaped his punishment.

I don't even know if I should trust this guy but we don't have any choice.

"I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing this for the pack." He told us when I thanked him.

Hhans is a weird guy and I don't really want to follow him but we really need to get out of here or else Liam will be in danger.

'Wait.' Hhans slowly bent down and we followed.

"We have to hurry! The wolves are already crossing the fences!" A guy shouted.

"Ghad I'm so nervous!" We heard footsteps slowly disappearing from the other direction.

"Looks like the war is going to start." Hhans said calmly and I glared at him. How can he say that so easily?! A lot of people and werewolves are going to die!

"We have to hurry too, we need to stop them or they'll fall in the trap." Al said and I nodded.

"Yeah, is there an easy way to get out of this place?" I asked and Hhans stared at me for a second before he nodded.

"Yeah, that." He pointed at the window on the right side and I glared at him again.

"Funny as if I'll jump there." I rolled my eyes and he smirked before he stood up.

"We need to hurry right?" He mocked me and I furrowed my brows annoyed. "Why don't we take a risk?" I stood up charging at him.

"You-"

"Guys stop it!" Al blocked me and tapped Hhans' chest. "Stop teasing him will you." He glared and I stared at them confused.

"Why do you act as if you're close?"

Al smiled.

"It's normal, we grew up together with everyone else in the mansion." He simply said. "We used to be the pack's cabs."

"Yeah, as I remembered you aren't in our batch, but you cling around your brother anywhere he goes," Hhans chuckled. "Brother complex." Al glared at him.

"Funny, I wonder who's the grandma's boy?" Hhans shoved him as Al laughed and I just stood there waiting for them to finish

"Look who's talking, you always wear girl's clothes." Al blushed hard before hitting Hhans on his shoulder.

"W-what?! That's the only clothes which fits me just fine!" Al fought back. "And who's the third wheel here?" Hhans' eyes widened and I became confused.

"Third wheel?" I asked and Al nodded proudly.

"He's the third wheel between Daniel and Lucas-" His eyes widened and the atmosphere changed immediately.

Lucas... I clenched my fist. I still can't believe he's gone, now I feel like crying again. I miss him already...

Hhans sighed.

"Let's stop this fight, we're in a hurry, let's go." He said without looking at us. Al nodded at me before we followed.

Everyone has Lucas' memories while I only have a few but it still hurts like hell when I learned that he's gone. I wonder if their pain was triple of mine. I wonder how Daniel reacts when he receives the news?