Chapter 20

HARRIS

"Harris, will you give this to Jake please!" Fred gave me the box of curtains, I nodded before I started running through the hallway.

The mansion is filled and ready with decorations yet no one is content. Everybody is busy today. We are preparing for Liam's birthday party tonight.

"Jake!" I called out when I saw him in the garden. "These are the curtains." He nodded at me.

"Thanks Har-har." I rolled my eyes. "Oh can you call Al? He's with Lucas awhile ago, tell him to double check the sound system." I nodded before running once again.

I'm getting tired.

Oh this busy day! It will be crowded later for sure since some of the alphas are also invited. I sighed, I wonder if I can have some time alone with Liam after.

"Hey! Har-har!" I stopped on my track and found Lucas waving with Al beside him. I smiled as I approached them. He hugged me.

"Oh my god I miss you so much!" He hugged me tighter.

"We just saw each other awhile ago." I said smirking at Al and he smirked back.

Al is newly moved to the mansion, he looks skinny but he's a part of the new recruited hunters. I heard he's been friends with Lucas since pups days too.

I patted Lucas' back and he pulled away.

"Oh yeah!" He giggled. "Why are you here anyways?" He asked.

"You called me, remember?" He smiled innocently.

"Oh yeah!" I rolled my eyes before shaking my head.

"Anyway Al, Jake said to double check the sound system." He frowned at me.

"Yeah, I've done that for a hundredth of time already! That stupid brother of mine just don't trust me." He smiled and I just chuckled.

"Where are you guys heading, huh?" I asked and they looked at each other before staring back at me.

"We're going to prepare monster Liam's room." Lucas whispered and I raised a brow.

"Prepare? For what?" I asked and Lucas nudged Al and he nudged him back and they started the nudging fight. I rolled my eyes. "Just say it will you!"

"You know..." Al trailed off and I just rolled my eyes.

"Just say it please, I'm not going to get mad or anything." I shrugged, Lucas sighed before nodding at Al.

"Fine but don't blame me, okay?" I nodded at Al. "Since the young monster turned eighteen he might find his mate..." I slowly nodded. "So to make it faster the Alpha invited some unmated ladies from different packs and that room is being prepared just in case she appears."

"O-oh..." I trailed off as my smile fell. I almost forgot about that. "I guess I'll go back to my room tonight too." I forced a chuckle and they shared a worried look. "I'll go first!"

I waved before walking away. Lucas called out for me but I decided to ignore that.

Wait Harris, why are you so disappointed? It's not like we're in a relationship or anything or something... So what if he said he loves you? If he finds his mate he'll forget about how he feels, you know that right?

I held my necklace.

Whatever happens tonight... I'm still happy that we shared those memories together. I smiled sadly.

"My my..." I looked up and found Nathan blinking at me. "You're having deep thoughts aren't you, love?" He smiled sadly. "What are you thinking? You can tell me you know, as your future husband." He winked jokingly and I smiled.