Chapter 11

I can't believe it!!

"You said it's a girl!" I shouted as I sat down beside him on the bed.

"No, I didn't." Lucas raised a brow at me and I stared at him trying to remember our conversation. Now that I thought of it he refers to the person on drawing as his mate but not her or his.

I didn't even notice anything?! I frowned and Lucas tilted his head on the side loving my reaction. He just got home a while ago and I quickly confronted him about him and Daniel being mates.

I was so shocked that I can't hold it anymore. I waited days to ask him too!

"Okay you didn't but," I pointed at the doodle on the wall. "You said that is your mate, it's a girl!" He looked at the wall.

"Yeah he's my mate, it's Master Daniel when he's sixteen." My jaw dropped as I stared at it.

Now that I looked at it, shit he does look like it!

"But his hair-"

"It's pink, he dyed it before and changed it back when he turned eighteen."

"You didn't tell me."

"You didn't ask." He said as a matter of fact.

"But he hurts you." I said slowly as I watched him play with Hariel.

"He actually never hit me. Monster Zoddy does." I sighed. "He hasn't laid a finger on me yet..."

"Then why would he let you get beaten up?"

"He hates me." I looked at him. "He hates that we're mates and planned to marry lady Clarissa, a human as I said." He shrugged. "It doesn't bother me. I know that I won't feel anything towards him if we're not mated but....we are."

So he does have feelings towards Daniel huh?

"So he rejected you?" I asked more and he nodded.

"And I rejected him as well. I like someone else." I raised a brow when I saw sadness in his eyes.

"Is it Zick?" I asked and he bit his lower lip before nodding. "And you guys are in a relationship, right?" His eyes widened at me.

"How did you know?" He asked, surprised and I closed my eyes in disbelief.

As if I did not see how they openly flirts in front of me yesterday...

"It's not that hard to see. I bet even Daniel can see that."

"Really?" My eyes widened when I realised that he's now crying. I panicked.

"What's wrong?!" I asked worriedly as he sobbed.

"I just hate it. It doesn't make sense, isn't it?" He asked between sobs. "We were perfect..." He brushed his tears with the back of his palm. "I love Zicky so much, isn't it enough for us to be mates?" He asked me, his lips shaking.

"Lucas..."

"I thought that it would be fine even if we weren't mates, we already talked about it. Daniel doesn't like me so it's gonna be fine. We still can be together but...last night, Zicky told me that he..." He sniffed and I patted his back. "He found his mate." My heart sank deeper for my friend.

It must be really hard for him.

"Oh Lucas... I really don't know what to say."

"It's fine, I also don't know what am I gonna do, Harris." He forced a smile at me "I-I'm scared to love someone else as much as I love Zicky." His voice trembled and I felt my eyes watered too. "I'm really scared..I-I don't know what to do anymore." I pulled him against my chest and hugged him tight.