Chapter 12

Is this even possible? I gawked at the seventeen years old boy as he stood there casually giving his reassurance speech to his pack's members as if he was born for it.

And damn... I can't take my eyes off of him. I blushed as I stood at the back questioning my decision of pushing him away last night. Since then we haven't had the chance to meet because of what happen last night.

Liam looked so cool and matured. I barely recognize him...

"We're going to have a background check for everyone for our own safety. Everyone is required to cooperate. Whoever disagrees will be under monitoring." Everyone nodded in agreement. "To ensure everyone's safety, all minors, elderly and disabled members will be evacuated to the mansion. All qualified men and women are required to attend training together with our warriors. Securities will be tripled 24/7 around the pack's land as well."

Is he really just seventeen?

"And until the files aren't found, no one is allowed to leave the pack's land except if you receive permission from me in person."

Liam really looks surprisingly calm even in times like this.

Last night, a group of hunters broke into the Golden Eye Alpha's main house which is located on the other side of the town and took all the files which hide our existence. And not only that, they also got hold of the masterlist of all packs and members in the states.

The Alpha was badly injured for facing more than twenty people alone and was later on sent to the hospital. They were identified though, they're the human hunters who think that our existence is dangerous towards mankind.

I just don't understand Humans... They'll attack things for being different from them then act like victims. Saying that it's for their safety and bullshits...

Now all of us are in danger. We have to be really careful now.

"That's all for today, the Alpha might stay confined for a week and I'll lead as your future Alpha. I'm expecting everyone's consideration."

Everyone agreed and cheered at the seventeen years old boy who successfully surpassed the worries of the whole pack.

Liam is really amazing...

"You may leave now, we'll be waiting for you in the mansion." He said and slowly the crowd dissolved.

The mansion will be crowded then.

"Harris!" Tania called out and mentioned me over.

"What?" I asked when I reached her.

"Did you see Lucas? I haven't seen him since he was released." She said worriedly.

"He was called yesterday by Master Daniel and I haven't seen him since last night too."

He didn't come back so I guess he slept somewhere else. Tania bit her lower lip and I smiled when I saw how worried she was.

"He's fine, don't worry."

Her eyes widened before glaring. "As if I am." I rolled my eyes at that.

"Tania!" We looked at Zoddy and Liam at the same time.

I swallowed hard when my chest tightened from the young Alpha's sight. I blushed a bit when I remembered what happened last night.

"We're leaving." Zoddy asked for her hand and Tania immediately gave it.

"See you later." She smiled at me. Her eyes were shining in a very familiar way.

Someone is in love. Guess she forgot the rule to never give in to a playboy but I don't know how I'll tell her.