Chapter 24

Three days have passed and Harris is still unconscious. The Doctor said he's out of danger but why is he not waking up yet?

I groaned as I tried to open my eyes. I haven't slept well these past few days. I'm scared to wake up and find Harris' gone.

Eversince Nathan told me that Harris has a mate, I keep on having nightmares where Harris was leaving me with another guy.

"Hey, you're still awake?" Daniel asked as he walked in with Clarissa.

My mood got worse, I really don't like this girl. Before they got together this little gold digger tried to force herself on me. She was eighteen that day and I was only sixteen. She put a drug on my drink before bringing me to her room but I escaped and now she's acting so innocent that I wanted to shove her head on the bowl.

If only I could tell that to Daniel but it'll probably hit his pride again.

"Rest already dude," Daniel put the basket of fruits on the table beside the bed. "We're here already, there's nothing to worry about."

"You being here is what I'm worried about." I mumbled and he playfully glared at me.

"Funny really, I'm not gay." He shook his head and I rolled my eyes as the bitch took a sit on the sofa leaning on the wall.

"Don't worry, I'll rest when my substitute arrives." And you better leave before they come, I don't want another headache here.

"Substitute? Who-"

The door burst open and cut Daniel off. "Master I'm sorry I'm-" Lucas stared at Daniel with wide eyes. "Master Daniel?" At the sound of his voice, I bet they haven't seen each other for a long time.

"What happened?" I cut the silence and he stiffened before looking at me.

"The traffic is very heavy-"

"Liar," The Beta suddenly jumped his lover from the back. "He woke up late because we're busy-" Lucas quickly nudged him hard that made him bent on the floor.

I smirked, now that the beta mentioned it, their scents were mixed. I looked at Daniel and found him boiling, this is what I'm avoiding.

He's awesomely red and his fists are clenched tightly.

"Lucas, stay here while I'm gone." He nodded, smiling.

"You can count on me-"

"Us." The Beta wrapped his arms around him and I felt Daniel's aura darken. I sighed.

"We have a meeting, remember?" I asked and the Beta pouted at me. I rolled my eyes.

"But L needs someone to accompany him." He reasoned out.

"I'll call Nath-"

"No!" He shouted, hugging Lucas from his back tightly. "That guy is dangerous! I'm telling you! He kissed my hand! My freaking hand!"

My head is aching even more. The door opened and a nurse poked her head out.

"Please be quiet, the patients are resting. Please." She glared at the Beta and he nodded, mouthing sorry and she left.

"Now let's go." I pulled my jacket from the chair and wore it.

"Why don't Nathan come with you?" I glared at the Beta and he just sighed.

"I'll call Zoddy's girl to help you." I told Lucas and he nodded, looking pale.

I looked at the bitch and Daniel, maybe the atmosphere is not good for him. "Daniel, why don't you two go home?" I said and he shook his head.