Chapter 25

It's Niel... not Michael...

I used to be so glad whenever I saw this pair of golden eyes staring back at me. I even remember crying whenever he's not with me. We were inseparable back then but now...

"Harris..." He smiled and I stared at him in fear.

I just wanted to push him away.

"You?" I swallowed hard. "W-why are you here?" My eyes watered up knowing that it's time for me to leave as promised but...

It's too early.

Niel was offended by my question and decided to walk towards me instead.

"What's wrong?" I sensed the pain in his voice, hoping I wouldn't push him away in front of the others and I felt guilty...

I looked at Lucas who's staring at us confused across the room beside Zick who won't even look at me.

"Where's Liam?" I asked and Niel stiffened on my side as I worried for the lover I was planning to leave but not right now.

Not right now.

I can't leave Liam yet. I have so many things to say to him... He's still a kid who sees me as someone he needs. I have cleared things out but not this way...

I'll never forgive myself if Liam learned the truth while I'm unconscious. Just imagine how he would feel if he knew that all this time...

All this time he was hoping for me to be his mate, I already found mine.

I lied and made him look stupid.

"You look so thin." My whole body stiffened as Niel cupped my face trying to keep my attention and I don't really know how to react from the sudden touch. "I should have come earlier, I'm sorry for making you wait." He forced a shaky smile and I could only stare at him.

Why does something feel so wrong?

"I-I have to talk to Liam-"

"Harris..." Niel trailed off hoping for me to stop. He slowly placed my head towards his shoulder and gave my body a gentle squeeze. "Let's go home please. You can't stay here..."

"Niel..."

"If you stay longer," He breathed on my neck. "I'll lose you."

My eyes began to water up hearing how lonely my mate was. I never wanted Niel to feel this way.

I told myself so many times that if I happen to be his mate, I'll make him the happiest but this is the opposite of everything I had planned. And everything just continues to fall apart.

Even if Niel finally sees me as his mate, it's a bit too late now. In that short time of being here, I learned to love Liam even though he is not for me.

Liam... I can't let him see Niel! He mustn't...

"Where's Liam?" I asked Zicky and I felt Niel stiffened beside me as I ignored him. "Where's the fuck is he?!" The door opened and I watched Liam walk in the room.

Everything went silent.

"Liam..." I called out, smiling nervously.