I bat my eyelashes at him. "Well, I could find out for you, on one condition."

"What?" he says quickly. "I'll do anything, just find her, please!"

I chuckle softly at his eager attitude.

"All you have to do is... kiss me," I say, smirking.

Nurse Emily's POV:

I sigh and walk out of the Children's Ward. It turns out that my buzzer had gone off because a boy went to sleep on the button.

I yawn and go back to the cafeteria to see Jenni. When I get in, she isn't there.

Of course, she must be in Room Twenty, with the guy named Dan.

I decide to join her, grabbing a biscuit from the cafeteria and following the signs for Room Twenty.

I open the door, and the young man on the hospital bed looks over at me. I smile at him and see Jenni beside him. She looks over at me with pure hatred in her eyes.

Did I do something wrong?

I walk over to them, somewhat cautiously, because of the glares that Jenni is shooting at me.

I give her a small smile and focus my attention on the young man instead.

"Are you Dan?" I ask him.

He nods, glancing over at Jenni nervously.

"I saw a young woman in the corridor earlier who told me to find you. I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier!" I apologise.

He smiles at me. "It's okay. Could you please find out where she is?"

"Yeah," Jenni interrupts. "Why don't you go to reception and find out, hm? I think that's a great idea," she practically hisses at me.

"Oh, no need for that! There's a telephone in here for reception, remember?" I remind her, beaming.

She gives me a death glare.

I turn to Dan. "What's her name?"

"F/n L/n," he replies.

I nod and walk over to the phone, which is attached to the wall on the other side of the small room.

I pick it up and put it to my ear.

"This is the reception desk, how may we help you?"

"Hello, it's Nurse Emily here, is there a patient called F/n L/n in this hospital? And if so, where is she?"

"Hold on, just let me search her up..."

I hear the sound of a keyboard.

"Yes," the lady at reception confirms. "She's in the Intensive Care Unit, Room Three."

"Thank you!" I say, hanging up.

I turn back to Dan. "She's in the Intensive Care Unit, Room Three. Do you want to see her?"

He nods eagerly.

"Can you walk?" I ask him.

"I think so..." he replies, throwing the duvet back, revealing his rather long legs. He swings them over to the side of the bed and touches the floor. He stands up and takes a few steps.

"I can walk," he confirms. "But I don't really feel comfortable walking around in this thing... It's a bit revealing at the back, you know?"

Dan looks down at the thin, quite open-backed hospital gown on his body, frowning at it.

I laugh. "You can change, if you want. Do you have any clothes?"

A look of realisation dawns on his face.

Dan's POV: (A/N: Sooo many POV changes, sorry ;-;)

"Do you have any clothes?" the nurse asks me.

I remember that I came here in boxers, and my face heats up.

F***.

"Uh, no..." I say, rubbing the back of my neck.

She smiles.

"As much as I would like to stay," the other nurse spits. "I have much better things to do. Bye, loser. Bye, hottie."

I glare at her, as does the other nurse.

She rolls her eyes and leaves the room.

The other nurse turns back to look at me. I smile and look at her name badge.

Emily, Nurse

"Nice name," I comment.

"Thanks," she laughs. "I have an idea - seeing as you have no clothes to wear, you could wear another hospital gown, but back to front. Then you could be covered up."

I nod. "That's a good idea!"

She smiles and looks under the hospital bed, where there is another hospital gown. She gives it to me and I put it on.

"Thanks. Can we go now?" I ask eagerly.

Emily laughs and nods.

*le time skip*

The doctors walk out of the room that Y/n is in - they said I could have fifteen minutes with her. Emily gives me a smile and walks out.

I look over at Y/n. She's lying on the hospital bed, motionless. Her eyes are closed.

I walk over to the side of her bed, and she opens her eyes slowly.

"Doctor, is that you? Wait- Dan!"

I chuckle at her. "Hey."

"Are you hurt? And why are you wearing two hospital gowns?" she asks.

"No, I'm just a bit bruised, that's all. I forgot to bring any proper clothes with me... I was just in my boxers, remember? And I felt a bit exposed in just my hospital gown, so I'm wearing two," I reply, giving her a reassuring smile.

She laughs. "So you jumped out of the window in your underwear?"

"Yup," I reply, grimacing and feeling my cheeks flush.

*le time skip*

A policeman suddenly comes through the door. Y/n and I look up at him, as he removes his hat from his head.

"I'm very sorry to inform you-"

A/N: Okay, this was kinda a cliffhanger, but not really, as most of you probably know what he's going to say xD

Ugh idek.

Also, this update is late - again.

Whoops ;^;

Bye! Love you all :3

Never Let Go - Danisnotonfire x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें