change ch 21

laney pov saturday 7 am

I know I was suppose to go home right when my dad sent that text but the party was just starting and I couldn't just leave,then I went to Zayda's house. Her mom cussed me out but it was worth it just to snuggle with her. I slowly open the front door hoping that no one is there, but Ria is sitting on the couch with her arm in a cast. 

" Holy Shit what happened?" I ask.

" I broke my arm." She replies raising her casted arm.

" Alania Marie Alva, I thought I heard your voice." my dad smiles.This wasn't a good smile it was more like a your ass is mine smile." You know when I tell you to stay home with the girls to supervise that doesn't mean go out to party and when I tell you to come home that means come home!" he yells.

" I thought you weren't coming home and Carrie was here, plus aren't you the adult."

" I specifically told you that Carrie was going out of town for a doctors visit. Your stupid you never think and stop being smart. You know I got called to the hospital because Ria broke her arm climbing the water tower."

 " Damn, I'm sorry." I say trying to escape to my room.

" Alania there is more don't even think about going anywhere." he throws me a tiny blue sac. Its the sac I keep my weed in and its almost empty.

" Ria you jacked my shit!" I yell.

" It wasn't her it was me..... I was dared." Leah admits shyly.

Damn it.

" Girls can you go upstairs please." he says waitng  for them to leave."I don't appreciate you bringing drugs into my house, there will be baby here soon and this kind of behavior well not work. Your out of control and I don't know what to do with you."

" Dad chill everyone smokes weed."

" Chill? Alania this is a drug that can send you to jail."

" Is that suppose to scare me, I won't go to jail."

" You will because I wont bail you out, you'll be on your own."

" Are you going to leave me........................like Ella did? Go ahead I just wished you would of done it earlier so I wouldn't remember you that much."

" Laney." he says softly." I'm not going to leave you but I can't handle you."

" That's an excuse."

" No its not an excuse, you are MY child and my child only. Your not someone else's responsibility your mine and I cant just pass you along hoping you'll get better. I will never leave you because I love you so much more then you can understand. No one wants that their child will be a druggie. I can actully admit unlike most people that I can't handle you."

" I'm not a druggie."

" Then why are you smoking this stuff?"

" You want the honest answer?"

" Let my smoke some and Ill tell you." I Joke.

" This isn't a laughing matter and I'm pretty sure you had enough of it last night because you reek of alochol and smoke. "

" It was a great party you should of went."

" Stop being smart!Where did you stay last night?"

" Zayda's."

" Don't lie to me."

" Im not why don't you ask her mom she had a bitch fit when I showed up, she almost called the cops." I say smileing at the last part,god her mom is such a trip.

" Im glad that you didn't sleep at some random guys house. Alania your actions do effect other people, the twins will problay be going to live with their parents."

" What?"

" Their parents and I agree that they aren't learing anything good about being here. I don't want them to turn out like you."

" Like me?" I ask angerily.

" I did not mean it like that."

" No you meant what you said, fuck you dad! There is nothing wrong with me."

" You need to talk to me with respect."

" Respect my ass." I laugh.

" I gave you a roof over your head, food to eat, put clothes on your back and you can't show me an ounce of respect?"

He is right, why am I being like this? My dad has been here for me everyday of my life and Im just so rude to him.

" Im sorry, please just don't make them go away." I beg with tears in my eyes.

" Things need to change then."

" Like what?"

" I don't want any drugs around this house ever again! You aren't going to be gone all hours of the night anymore and you will apologize to Ella."

" I will not apologize to ella its not my fault the twins stole my shit and Ria broke her arm."

" You are right but then were all under the influence of marijuana.........your marijuana."

" I also want you to talk to me more,  I want to hear about whats going on in your life."

" Dad i don't want to be best freinds."

" Im not asking to be bestfreinds Laney I just want to know what your thinking, can you do that?"

" I guess."

" Well I'm guessing you know you are grounded you can't go anywhere or hang out with freinds."

" What about Zayda can I hang with her?"

" No she is a freind."

" What about if I tell you something.......then can I hang out wit her?"

" Fine, what do you want to tell me."

" Zayda and I aren't freinds we are dating."

He looks shocked so before He can say anything I haul ass to my room. He wanted to know something........now he does