Dreams- Liam

A/N: Wow! 30k reads that's crazy thank you.

"Morning Li." you walked into the kitchen to see a dazed out Liam staring into space, cup in his hand. He looks over to you eyes glassy, which stutters your movement, but you still give him a kiss. "You okay." you ask with earnest eyes. "Yeah I'm fine. Just didn't get much sleep is all." he tells you his voice rather monotone. "What's on your mind?" you pull him to you, he instantly wraps his arms around your waist, wasting the liquid contents of his cup. "Oh crap! Sorry." he instantly reacts, you're frozen for a second but instantly move to get the mop. As you leave the kitchen you here Liam stutters of apology. "Li, are you sure you're okay?" you reenter the kitchen to see him putting down paper towels. "Yeah, just tired." he reaches for the mop in your hand but you move it out of his reach. "How about you go take a nice relaxing shower to calm your nerves. I'll handle this." "You sure?" "Yeah now go." you swat at his backside before starting to clean up the mess.

You were home alone now, Liam had left for the studio, and with much relief seemed back to normal. You had a small part-time job, even though you didn't need one but you liked to stay busy. Plus if you and Liam ever broke up you'd have something for yourself. But your job didn't start for a couple hours so you were going to clean up the kitchen and bathroom, then go grocery shopping. All day you couldn't seem to get Liam's Nubian worried eyes out of your mind. It had to be a dream or was he up late scrolling through social media. Anything that bother Liam, very much bothered you. Liam was always prepared to step in and stop at nothing until he found, and if possible eliminated whatever it was bothering or hurting you. And you were the same with him.

You and Liam didn't keep secrets from each other, so you decided to try to push the assumptions of what could be bothering you to the back of your mind. If it was something really on his mind he would tell you.

---------------

Days Later

It was late at night or early in the morning depending on who you are, the moon was high above. And Liam was wide awake, startled out of his sleep by his own mind. His dreams seemed to be getting closer to reality than comfort and it scared the shit out of him if he was to be honest. He kept having these dreams of something happening to Y/N and they were far from pleasant. He knew they were just dreams but the realness of each were just too much too bare. What if this was a sign? He did often leave Y/N home alone where anything could happen. He looks back to Y/N to see she was so far deep in her sleep she was drooling. That made him chuckle a little. She looked so peaceful, her hair was exposed from her fallen off bonnet and she was halfway hanging off the bed taking the pillow with her. He reached over to pull her closer to him, one more shift and she was hitting the floor. Y/N then rolls over cuddling into his chest which he gladly adjusted himself for. Kissing the top of her head he tried to will himself to sleep, and after an hour or so he finally did.

--------------

Weeks Later

"Are you sure you don't want to go?" you ask Liam who was planning on having a night in with you instead of going out with the boys. His recent clingy behavior was odd but not unwanted. You missed spending all of this time with Liam but, now it was getting creepy. "Why are you trying to get rid of me? I just want to hang with my girl and you're trying to push me away." Liam pouts. You just make a face before shrugging your shoulders. "It's just you always enjoy a nice night out and now you want to stay home with me." you tell him with a tilt of your head, trying to figure out what was going on. "Well, maybe I want to see what you usually do when I'm gone. When I'm out your home all alone or with someone else?" he says plopping down on the couch not noticing how his words affected you. "So, that's what's this all about? You think I'm cheating?" you march over to him in anger. Confusion makes its way across his face and he sits up. "You're cheating on me?" his is voice lace with hurt and betrayal. "What? No!" he then becomes confused again, brows frowning, you instantly realize that those thoughts probably never even crossed his mind. "Oh, Li. No, I... I thought you were being so clingy because you thought I was cheating, like you were going to catch me by being around all the time." you explain to him.

"What? Gosh no. I... that literally never came to mind until now." "I'm sorry but for the record I'm not." he rolls his eyes at you. "Why would, I'm pretty amazing. Now you're gonna have that thought stuck in my head." Liam tells you trying not to think of the possibility of you cheating on him. "Sorry." you shrug. "But really why you're being so clingy?" you ask him. He shakes his head as if to rid some thoughts before answering. "I just... I guess I feel sort of guilty for leaving you home alone all the time and like I said I really wanna know what you do while I'm gone." he smiles at you. "Oh, baby. I usually volunteer to stay in or your working so don't feel guilty. Plus I'm not always here alone I have friends. But if you really wanna see what I do. I guess you can join in." you tell him before getting up and walking into the kitchen.

You get on the internet for a while looking at clothes, which bores Liam instantly. Then you and Liam paint for a hour, you call your best friend but that conversation is cut short by Liam. So then you two cook and while the food is cooking, you have a workout session. After that you run a hot tub of bath water with bubbles and candles the whole thing. You had just started taking your clothes off when Liam's voice makes you jump. "Sooo, am I aloud to participate in this part of your night in?" he asks you. "Sure."

You lay against Liam's chest, relaxing from the intense workout you just did, when you feel something on your face. Liam was taking bubbles and childish putting them on you like a beard. You couldn't help but laugh at him, "Really?"

"Y/N." "Hmm." "The real reason I've been suffocating you lately is because I've been having these dreams." "Dreams?" you tilt your head to look at him. "Yeah, they were bad dreams, like you either got hurt, taken from me, or you even..." Liam eyes started to water in remembrance of his dreams. How realistic they seem, how even now they sent goosebumps up his spine, and evoked strong emotions. You turn slightly so you can fully look at Liam. "It's okay, I'm here and they were just dreams." cup his cheeks rubbing your fingers against his stubble. "You don't understand they were so real." your eyes connect. "I would wake up in a sweat scared that something horrible had happen to you." "Well, good thing I'm not going anywhere." you tell him with a smile. You can still see a bit of doubt in his eyes but he still smiles at you. "Yeah, and maybe my dreams were just about me not spending enough time with you." he kisses you, then you pull back. "Well, atleast I don't have to worry about you slacking up because your subconscious will catch it before I will." you leans back in to kiss him, but something assaults your nose. Both your eyes widen in recognition, "Oh shit babe, the food." you yell as you both struggle to get out of the tub and down the stairs as fast as you can.

A/N: 2:15am, 1395 words. I'm glad I got this in. As always apologies for incorrect grammar or horribleness in general.