He likes you but... (Part 2 Liam)

Sitting in class, Y/N was engrossed in whatever she was creating on her paper. They were still not doing anything yet, their teacher was still waiting to get books so he was just having them do a worksheet that told the teacher about themselves. Zayn sat in front of Y/N and Liam sat beside her watching her pencil scribble across the page. Y/N notice both of them staring at her and closed her sketch book smiling at Zayn. She then actually looked at Liam for the first time, like really looked at him. Her eyes widen slightly, then she turned to Zayn as if to say that's him, because he and her had an entire conversation yesterday and she's pretty sure she's had a couple of classes with him in the past. She turned to him putting her feet on his basket underneath his chair "Your name's Liam, right?" she asks him. "Yeah." he said perking up. "Cool." Y/N said then suddenly a boy came and sat in the empty desk behind her and apparently they were friends because they immediately start talking and joking. Zayn moved to the desk in front of Liam, so they could talk without Y/N hearing them.

"She doesn't know me." Liam whispered plainly. "She doesn't know many people." Zayn replied back in her defense. "That's a lie I see her walking down the hallway, saying hey to every other person and hugging every 10th." Liam whispered sadly. "What? Mate, like why, what's with the numbers?" Zayn asked confused and thinking if Liam actually watched her and counted. "I don't know. Just saying something." Liam replied humping his shoulders. "Well, basically. I think you should just talk to her. You don't normally need any plans to talk to a girl your interested in." Zayn said simply looking over to Y/N. "But that's just it she's not just any girl. I've had a thing for her since 10th grade." Liam sighed like he was sad. "Mate. It doesn't matter you sit next to her, we're going to be sharing a locker you have a clear chance." Zayn said.

'''''''''''

The next Friday at the locker

"So Y/N, what are you doing this weekend?" Liam asks her nervously. She tilts her head up slightly looking elsewhere to think about it. "I think it's my uncles birthday so we're gonna celebrate with family n friends coming over." she says as she reaches in the locker to grab her book. "Why?" Y/N asks, and this was Liam's chance. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out maybe." Liam said trying to play it cool and act like the butterflies in his stomach weren't going wild. "Awe, I'm sorry. Maybe we can hang out next weekend." she said getting ready to close the locker and Liam almost had a heart attack. "Do you need to get something?" Y/N ask before she closed the locker as Liam was still mentally freaking out. "Uhm, no. It'd be cool though if we could hang out sometime though." Liam said believing that he had played that off rather nicely. "Yeah, get my number from Zayn or Louis. I gotta go catch Louis because he'll pull off and leave me." Y/N says starting to walk off, Liam scurried behind her. "If he does I could take you home." Liam offered. Y/N gave him a sweet smile before replying "Thanks but I live right across the street from him." she said and running to get into the car with Louis.

''''''''''''''''

Three months later

"Its funny to think that three months ago that you didn't know who I was." Liam says into the phone as he's lying in his bed.

"Yeah. It's funny crazy. Do you still want me to wear your jersey to the game tomorrow night?" Y/N asked on the other end as she sat on her bed sketching a picture of Harry for him.

"Of Course if you didn't I'd be highly upset." he said feigning hurt.

"Will you cry?" she asked and he could hear the smile in her voice.

"Maybe, yeah." he said wanting to know her response.

"Then I think I might have another outfit I want to wear." she said playfully.

"Oh you're so evil." he laughed because he knew she was joking.

"Yeah, whatever. I gotta go, I need to finish this for Harry or he'll keep pestering me." she said seriously.

"I thought you didn't draw on request?" Liam said hurt because he had asked her to draw him a while ago.

"Well, I don't but I started drawing him one day, slipped up and told him now he wants it for $10." she said pencil moving fast across the paper as she shaded in here and there.

"Will you ever draw me?" Liam asks hurt and Y/N can practically see the pout through the phone. "Nope." she said. "Goodnight because you need the rest and I need to finish this." she said hanging up before looking at the stack of Liam's she had been drawing since the day she really looked at him and sighed. She sat wondering when he was going to ask her out, they'd been talking for months now but he has yet to make the move to make it official.

She really liked him even though her mom nor her brother wanted her 'messing round with a white boy'.

''''''''''

The Next day

Y/N sat down at lunch beside Liam she alternated between sitting with them and her friends. She greeted the guys and laughed at Harry showing off the picture she had drew of him and gave to him that morning in second.  "Here you go." she said pulling out a lunch and handed it to Liam. "Thanks." he said smiling at her. "Here's my jersey." he said pulling it out off his backpack and handing it to her. "So... don't get offended Y/N" Louis started and they all knew that it was going to be something. "Is it different dating a black girl than it is a white girl?" Louis asks all so serious, making y/n choke on her Dr. Pepper. "Well, no. I mean I don't think so." Liam looked to her for helped but she was trying to get her life together.

So that night after they won the football game Liam asked Y/N out. AND  Y/N and Liam has been going strong ever since and was nominated for cutest couple for senior superlatives. Her family still are not really on board for y/n dating someone outside of her race but she doesn't care.

A/N: Sorry this is probably bad but try writing with a two year old bugging you every 30 seconds.