"Fine," he buffs following me. I hold his arm as I guide him down the hall.

"Paul?" I say opening the door. "Eww! The horor!" I shout seeing him in a towel.

"Shut up," he rolls his eyes. "What?"

"Can you ring Heaven for me?"

"Why do you want m- is this an old people joke?"

"No, Heaven is his wife."

"Why do you want me to ring his wife?" He asks. "Why can't he?"

"If I could I would." Zayn says

"Ok, he says. Lucky I saved her as an emergency contact." He says grabbing his mobile. "Yes, this is Paul."

"Can I please speak to her?" Zayn begs. "She says not to give you it." Paul says

"Well no kidding," he scoffs. "Just give me it."

"Sorry," Paul says before handing the phone to him.

"Heaven?" Zayn's eyes seemed to have lightened up. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be possessive and controlling."

Wow, what an apology

"Yeah," he says as tears begin to reappear in his eyes. "Love you too."

He hands Paul back his mobile. "Did you get her back?" I ask

"No," he shakes his head. "I lost her for good."

"You alright?"

"Yeah," he says with a chuckle. "Just fine."

He takes the lighter from my hand and takes a cigarette from his pocket. Well gosh

"Later," he waves while heading towards the door.

"Wait! I thought you were done with smoking?" Paul asks

"I only quit because of her." He smiles. "Well guess what? She's leaving me. Oh- you know what's better? Neither of our kids want to see me again. Know why? Because I neglected one and the other made me promise to never leave and I did."

"Oh my goodness." I breathe out. "He's broken."

"I'm fine. Just because the woman I spent my whole life loving doesn't love me anymore doesn't mean it's the end of the world."

"Zayn, she was your world. Every breath you take is because of her. We both know that if you leave this room, you're going straight to the balcony to either get cancer or jump." I plead

"Jump? What?" Paul says wide eyed. "What kind of relationship is this?"

"An unhealthy one. They both rely on the other in order to breathe. He will die without her. Like literally, die without her." I explained. "Zayn? What went wrong? This was supposed to help you. Being away from her was supposed to make you better."

"But I need her. She's my life. Didn't you understand that? I function because I have her. She's my oxygen. Without her I have nothing to breathe. If I have nothing to breathe, I don't live."

"You were doing so good."

"I was pretending. I just wanted her to feel better. She hates it when I'm upset. She said that it hurts her. I can't have her upset. I won't."

I've never seen anything like it. This is so strange to me. How can two people be so...attached? I love Jessie but I don't think I will ever be this much in love with her.

"I think I need to leave. I'm not going to lose everything." He says. "I can't lose her Ni, she's the reason I wake up in the morning. The only reason I'm alive."