It didn't take a genius to tell that this guys was nuts. But as he smirked on my words, I had to question the limits of how intense his craziness ran. 

"No one is going to, I promise," he cooed in my ears. "Soon we'll be away from here. We'll be home soon." 

"I am not going anywhere!" I made an attempt to move my legs to get out of this immobile condition. I could feel them but I couldn't control them fully. He had left me in a middle state.

He laughed. "It's so fascinating to watch you squirm." 

I wanted to punch the amusement out of his eyes so badly that I could feel the throbbing in my knuckles and fingers. But all I could do was to gulp down the anger back.

"I hate you." I looked him square in the eye. "You're everything that's wrong with my life, you fucking asshole. You're the reason she died. You killed her!"

It was like so much pure hate had been residing inside of me all this time and it was bubbling to spew all over him. It wanted to watch this psychopath burn, to watch him suffer, the same way she did.

I could hear my own breath in the silence that followed my words. He remained planted to his spot for a while, then walked over to me, and cupped my face in his hands. I squirmed as he brought his face close to mine. 

"I never told her to kill herself. She was weak, and you know it," the words rolled off his tongue laced with a threatening tone. "She was stupid enough to get trapped so easily and she was stupid enough that she almost made it impossible for me to get to you again."

His right thumb pressed harder against my skin. "Do you have any idea what I felt when I saw you leaving the town? Do you have any idea how long I had to wait to see you again. I was afraid she might have told everyone about me so I couldn't even follow you. I had no choice but to leave you with those people. And then I just waited until it was the right time to look for you again. Do you have any idea how hard these years have been for me? Do you?"

By now, my face was practically being between the force of his hands. He looked like a predator with his jaws set in a menacing manner and the whirl of anger in his eyes.The pressure of his fingers intensified to the level that I could feel the pain even through the numbness. I squirmed in my place but the cruelty in him didn't budge. He kept on making the hold stronger and stronger, as if it was giving him immense pleasure to watch me whimper in pain.

"You don't know a thing, Norah." His fingers finally let go of my jaw, just a second before it would have snapped, and then aimed for the back of my neck to tug it back as his face poised over mine, the sinister smile back in its place. "But you know what, if I could I would actually go back and kill her myself for what she made me go through."

"You're a sick bastard." I barked and pressed my head down against the couch in an attempt to make as much distance between the two of us as I could, even if it just a inch. "You used her. You made her hate herself. You were after me, right? So why did you do that to her?! Why the fuck would anyone do that to a fourteen year old kid?!"

Inside I was rattling the bars of the invisible cage, outside I felt worthless that I couldn't even punch the lights out of that one person who single-handedly destroyed my family.

He was immune to the hate that I was radiating. It seemed his amusement was doubling every word I uttered. I sucked in an unsteady breath as I felt his hands slide under my shirt and inched along the skin of my stomach.

"I like you when you're mad. It makes you more beautiful."

"Get away from me."

But instead his hands ran up more greedily, stop just under my breasts and stroking the skin there. Every single cell in my body revolted under his touch.