~The Most Awaited Phone Call~ KKR

A/n: Hi, I am writing this A/n on the morning of 26th May. So by the time you'll read this the IPL final is already done. I have made two drafts for the final, One is this one (Which is most likely to stay in my drafts forever) and other is the 'Runners Up Syndrome' which you'll most likely read.

But if miracles do exist (They don't) You might have 0.00000001 percent chance of reading this (You won't cause I'm sure we'll choke against SRH)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
The Chepauk stadium was dressed in mighty colours. Half the stand in orange and the other half in purple but some yellow true to the colours of their city. It was the big day of 26th May 2024.

A day awaited by many. For SRH it was an 8 year wait to lift the trophy, placing its best batting line up in the history to face the infamous table toppers KKR. For whom, the wait was a long stretched ten years.

Yas was sitting in the hotel having just returned from the photo shoot with Pat and the trophy. "It looks like a pre wedding shoot, mate. I am married I can't be part taking in such activities" Pat had joked. Yas had had fun in the shoot having a bit of fresh air before the match.

Yas sighed trying to sink in the feeling before the final. He played one when he was in DC but had ended up in the losing side. This time it was different. KKR had qualified the top of the table with a different intent playing a separate brand of Cricket all together.

A thousand possibilities crowded his mind. There was nothing more painful than leading throughout the season and ending up on the losing side on the finals day. But one thing that did assure him was that this team was ready to stand up and deliver whenever he needed them.

Yas walked out of the room to see the team already assembled. He saw Angky, Nitish, Venky, Rinku and Rambo (Ramandeep) on one side Giggling. From what it seemed they were all pulling Venky's leg. And Venky stood there with his typical Venky smile and beside him was VC standing with blank eyes but a slight and very faint smile. Yas knew the look; The look was 'Why am I even friends with these guys? Oh I know because I love them'

On another side was Jani,Starcy, Vaibhav and Harshit. Harshit was trying to tell some thing and Starcy had the brightest smile.

On another corner was Gauti bhai with Chandu Sir and Abhishek Sir discussing something seemingly serious. Key word being 'seemingly' because they had the same face even while discussing what's for dinner. Yas looked to his side to see Dre in a very animated conversation with Narine who had a simple blank face.

Gauti bhai looked up and his eyes met Yas's. He nodded with the look, 'You know what to do and I know you.' The same look and backing he himself had given his other teammates every single match. Whether it was the narrow escape in the first one or the 224 and 262 chase down. Even in the brilliant qualifier one they played and definitely even in the finals.

Before Yas walked out on the field for the toss, he knew he would be walking in knowing one thing very clearly. This team's fans had given him everything this season and now it was time to give it all back to them.

°°°°

From the very first over when Yas handed Starcy the ball, he knew his team was ready to fight to the end. "I got this, Skipper." Starcy said and Yas could've ignored the use of the word 'Skipper' because of what Starcy did with the ball.

Vaibhav struck and they had gone rid of the man of supposedly every Indian's nightmare, Travis Head. Then soon every single bowler struck. As always whenever handed the ball Dre Russ and Harshit did their magic and the target on the board was just a mere 113-10(18.3).

The team that had threatened to cross 300 every time they batted first were now all gone even before crossing 120.

With the bat Jani, Narine and Venky did incredible magic. Once Jani was given out, both the Iyer's took KKR beyond the finishing line.

The dressing room ran out in the field, Narine jumping on Yas and Nitish, VC and Rinku huddling around Venky. Nitish was the first who got to hug Venky.

Slowly Gauti bhai, Abhishek Sir and Chandu Sir also came on the field. Narine lifted Gauti up and Gauti returned the favour. "I dont think I've ever seen Sunny smile this much." Yas Laughed "Me neither." said Rinku. "I have. I saw him like this in 2014. Ten years ago." Manish bhai said seemingly lost in the memories but oh they had made so many more for the future.

The trophy lifting ceremony was supposed to be awfully delayed and hence the whole team was mixed in their own celebrations. After everyone had their hugs and kisses from SRK Yas huddled everyone and said, "Guys it's going to take a lot more time so I think we should call Salty."

Phil Salt, an integral part of the team who had to leave for national duty, their Salty had asked them to make him the first video call after they win the final.

Everyone gathered around. Yas made the call and Salty picked it up within one ring. "GUYS OH MY GOD! WHAT A MATCH. STARCY, VAIBHAV AND HARSH I WANT TO KISS YOU ALL RIGHT NOW!" Salt exclaimed before they could say anything.

"God's plan Salty!" Rinku said doing a funny dance and Harshit blew him a kiss making everyone laugh. Starc just raised his hand to show his wedding ring. "Sorry mate." he mumbled jokingly.

"We missed you a lot Salty" Jani said and Salt said, "Gosh you guys played so damn well. I missed the best part."

"Yes you did. You didn't get to see Gauti and Sunny lift each other up." Dre Russ said. "I saw it on TV." Salty said trying to make it better for him.

"KORBO, LORBO, JEETBO EVERYONE" Salty said from the call

"KORBO, LORBO, JEETBO" Everyone said together. Yas smiled, this was what dreams were made of

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/n: I hope KKR proves me wrong every damn time. LAST NIGHT WAS EVERYTHING AND MORE.

Also thank you to our bowlers and Venky and Jani for finishing the match early because my current went out due to the cyclone. And thanks to the broadcasters for Yapping all the while my current was gone so I could see the trophy ceremony.
Last but not least thank you to KKR management for choosing purple and yellow as our colours and not blue (iykyk)

Also I expect the next chapter of the Kkr book from bleedblue2011 ASAP 😊🔪🔪🔪🔪

MY TEAM💜💛
MY DEAREST HOME TEAM 💜💛

This trophy was for everyone who said 'Worst bowling line up' to us when we conceded 262.
Where is your 2024 IPL trophy??

°°