~Constant~ Rohirat

If the concept of Constants were real in a world full of innumerable changes, then Rohit Sharma's constant in the cricketing world would be Virat Kohli. Right from the moment Virat joined the team. Even before they were 'Best Friends', they had the knowledge that they'd mean something to each other.

The day when Ro got dropped from 2011 home world cup, Virat was there. Even after Vi had managed to be a significant part of India lifting the World Cup, he was on call with Rohit were they didn't speak a word about the World Cup.

The day Ro was ready to propose to Ritika, Vi was there assisting him on all the arrangements up until their wedding.

From the day Rohit got to know that he was going to be a father to the day when happiness in form of a little Samaira Sharma came in his life, Vi was there.

The day when all the hopes of the 2019 World Cup was snatched away from them, though with a bit of a fight at the beginning, Vi was still there. Same with 2023 when Rohit's heart was broken beyond all repairs, Virat didnt try to fix it, he was just there with his 'I'm not leaving you' attitude.

That was the main dynamic of their friendship. Loud fights and silent support. And it wasn't going to change anytime soon.

Today was one of the most anticipated days of IPL for Rohit. RCB vs MI, well the reason was obviously because he got to see his best friend.Eventhough as rivals on field, they still managed to make it count.

Today was something different. Jassi took his five wickets, Ishu played brilliantly, People were no longer booing Harry. And for the first time in many many days, Rohit Sharma was happy. Maybe not the same kind of happiness he would've wanted but the weight of guilt and sadness had been lifted of his chest.

Ro was seated on his bed and scrolling through his phone after speaking with Rits. (For the os Rits wasn't in the stadium) As always he was expecting Jassi to barge in his room demanding to celebrate with his bhaiya.

He would expect Harry too but now that Ishu wanted full attention from Harry, even the childish Hardik Pandya had to put his bhaiya shoes on.

So, once he heard the knock on his door you could imagine his absolute surprise when a smiling Virat Kohli was standing on the other end. Why Surprised, you ask? Well the king of cricket had been in huge trouble by both the management and hotel authorities when he barged into the room of a random stranger in the middle of the night, thinking it was Rohit's.

"Tu yaha?!" Ro exclaimed at his idiot best friend. "Who else were you expecting?! Wait let me guess, Pollard or SKY? My competitors have started increasing." Vi said dramatically, then moved Ro to enter the room. (You here?!)

Ro rolled his eyes and closed the door, "Oye drama king I was waiting for Jassi." He then took a seat on the bed. Vi who was scanning around Ro's hotel room just nodded in understanding and did not say a word.

"Thank you so much Vi." Ro said making Vi turn around with a shocked expression on his face. "Kyun?" he asked. "You told the crowd what I should've." Ro said guiltily.

Vi sat next to Ro and smacked his head. "So what? You did the same in last match asking the crowd to stop. Just stop blaming yourself about everything."

Ro chuckled slightly. "Vi." he called "hmm?" "I dont think I have ever told you this but You know you are my constant in Cricket, right?" He confessed.

Vi put his hand on Ro's forehead to check his temperature. To say Rohit Sharma sucked at expressing his feelings would be an understatement. So, such expressive words coming from him was unexpected.

"What are you even doing?" Ro asked moving Vi's hand "Fever to nahin ho gaya check kar raha hun. Aj achanak se itna expressive?" Vi said. "Abbey Yaar not funny" Ro complained as Vi laughed his infectious laugh and engulfed Ro in a hug.

"Achha baba sorry." he appologised. "I just have been thinking about recently. You have always been a part of my careers highlights ever since you joined." Ro said.

Vi hummed and said, "Ro, you dont have to say it, y'know? I know you feel that people dont get to know how much you care just because you dont say it enough. But we all know. We all know because we feel it. Ro you'll always be my constant. I dont even remember any part of my career that doesn't have you."

"Not even 2011?" Ro asked and Vi broke the hug. "You know that's not fair. Besides you know It'd matter much more with you." Vi said with a betrayed look on his face.

"We can still win one. The T20." Ro said. "They might not take me." Vi said "I am not playing it without you." Ro said without wasting a second.

After a second Ro asked, "What if we never get to win anything together again?" Vi put his arms around Ro's shoulder and said, "Then I'll cherish the trophyless moments with you."

"Waise feild mein wo kya kiya?" Ro asked about a little hi that Vi did on field. "Giving internet his daily source of Rohirat." Vi joked when there was a knock on the door.

Ro went and opened the door when he was faced with Jassi's interrogation. "Who is with you bhaiya? Is it Ishu? Is it Akash or is it Harry? They always do it. Always take away my time with you." he complained.

Ro smiled and moved aside to show a smiling Vi. "Vi bhai." Jassi smiled. "Sorry to take your precious bhaiya from you."

"No Vi bhai, you are allowed." Jassi said entering the room.

Ro smiled as he realised no trophy would ever match these moments.

\《♡》/

A/n: Your daily dose of Rohirat