~Told you so~ Ro-Jinks

Request by shewillhuntyoudown
A/n: I wasnt a fan of cricket during the Gabba Test but I tried my best to make this accurate.

Jinks was arguably the most mature guy on the team since Mahi bhai had left. He was sensible and understanding, the last person who would stay up till two am worrying. But yet there he was pacing around his room.

Virat was away for the birth of his first child and Jinks was made captain for the Third test at Gabba. Jaddu was injured and they did not have half their star players.

Failure the people predicted the test to be a massive, massive failure and so did Jinks. How could it not be? How could a bunch of amateur young team with less than half star players breach the unbreachable Gabba?

Virat was an exceptional test captain and had brought a certain attitude in the team, but jinks he had massive shoes to fill.

Usually Jinks was quiet closed off, not allowing other people to know about his problems and insecurities. But there was only one person on the team who would get to know when something was up with him. Rohit. His best friend.

Him, Rohit and Virat were a trio and eventhough neither of them would like to admit it, both Jinks and Vi were a little more inclined to Rohit. Jinks was probably the only one on the team Vi didn't mind sharing Ro with.

Similarly Jinks was also Ro's safe space. When the chaos would get too loud both of them confided with each other. So at that moment particularly Jinks needed Rohit.

So, he decided that he would, so he took the master key to Ro's room and walked towards it. Either Vi or Jinks had a master key to Ro's room because well, someone had to wake him up.

Jinks entered to see Rohit sleeping soundly he called softly once, "Ro." but seeing him be in such peace he decided to go back. As he was turning he heard a sleepy voice stop him, "Jinks? Tu yaha?" (You here?)

"Woh, kuch nahi. You sleep. Sorry" (Nothing) Jinks turned around again when Ro stopped him.

"Humara dosti itni kachhi hai kya? That you are not telling me kya hua. Agar itni kasht ki hai chabi leke room me ane pe to ab bata bhi dijiye. Itni sabr nahi ho rahi hai." Ro said (Is our friendship that weak? That you are not telling me what happened. If you have taken so much pain to take the key and come to the room then please tell me now. I cant wait anymore.)

Jinks raised his eyebrows surprised at the fact that Ro had spoken shudh hindi and hadn't used the words 'woh' even once. He smiled and sat on the bed beside him. "Rohit?"

"hmm?"

"I'm scared." Jinks admitted. "Of what?"

"Of losing this test match. I-I don't think It'll be fair to Vi or to you guys who gave all your blood, sweat and tears for this. I don't think I'll be a good captain."

"You are seriously worried about how to manage the team of youngsters? You Ajinkye Rahane are the only one who can stop me and Vi from fighting, after Bhai. Managing the team is the last thing you should be worrying about." Rohit said with his warm smile.

The warmth in his smile was so contagious. Jinks felt on the spot to hug Ro and snuggle in his arms for the entire night so that he could forget about his worries. Then the other side of his brain said that it would be pathetic for an adult and now captain to act like that.

"Aur rahi baat jitne ki. Ab tak mujhe lag raha tha nahi bhi jitenge to koi nahi but ab ye baat meri ego pe agayi hai. How dare you doubt my Jinksy baby? Ab to hum jeet ke rahenge, bet." Rohit said in his effortlessly humorous tone. (And about winning. Till now I felt that even if we didn't win then no problem but now the word has come upon my ego. How dare you doubt my Jinksy baby? Now we will have to win, bet.)

Jinks couldn't stop himself and jumped and hugged Ro. Ro ran his fingers through his hair. Both his best friends were overthinkers. he thought as he looked at Jinks lovingly.

As Jinks was about to get up Ro said, "Stay here tonight."

Jinks smiled, "Vi would kill me."

"Come on, he doesnt mind sharing if it's with you." Ro said and Jinks gave in. He needed this. Some time with his best friend.

"Jinksy?"

"Hmm?"

"Never doubt yourself ever again in front of me or ever. You'll be a great captain Jinks and I'm not saying this because you are my best friend. I'm saying this because I see how you are around people." Ro said softly and Jinks just nodded.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

India need just three runs off 20 balls and Rishab Pant hits the boundary.

"It goes down the fence, India Incredible! Rishab Pant is the star! The fortress Gabba has been breached the first time in thirty-two years"

"Toota hai Gabba ka ghammand, mukabla jeet gayi hai Bharat!"

Rohit and Jinks were holding their breaths sitting next to each other. The exact moment Shardul got out Ro said, "Ek bar hum jeet jaye isko to mein dekhta hun" (Let us win the match then I'll see him)

Jinks said, "Match khatam to hone de."
(Let the match finish first)

Then it was Rishu, the man of the moment who hit that last boundary and that was the moment team India under the captaincy of a Vice captain, with half of their star players were either injured or not present. They had done it.

As soon as the ball hit the boundary Ro hugged Jinks the tightest he ever had in his lifetime, "See, I told you so."

Jinks had went on to tell many stories about the Gabba Test but not this part. Cause this part only belonged to the two of them.

That was the favourite 'Told you so' Jinks had ever heard in his life.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A/n: Oh.My.God guys. I watched the documentary and the highlights and I got chills. I cannot imagine experiencing this.
Beauty of test cricket>>>>

Also if anything was inaccurate please forgive me.