~ His eyes~ Mahiro

pairing : Mahiro 

If you asked anyone who closely knew Rohit 'What is the most expressive thing about him', everyone would say his eyes. But at the same time it was a little impossible to be able to read them all the time, unless  you were Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

If there was anyone who had a Phd in studying his eyes then that would be him.

He had seen the exact look in Ro's eyes when he had entered the team and was sitting quietly and cowardly. The look clearly read " I would die to be included only if they take me ".

He wanted to approach him and when he had figured out how thats exactly what he did

" Look Rohit I know you are new and you are finding it difficult to settle down here but I assure you that you are indeed a part of this team and their is no one else we'd rather want. Whenever you feel left out in the larger part of the team you can come to me. We can also be a little team. Okay?"

Rohit gave him an instant heart eyes which read, "thank you" before his lips could.

That was the day he realised His eyes spoke faster and more clearly than his lips.

He had seen the exact look in Ro's eyes when he and Vi got in trouble for the first time and Vi took the blame on himself.

The look clearly read, "You are my new best friend "

He had seen the exact look in Ro's eyes when he had told him,

"Every player has bad phases. This one will also go away. Just keep faith. Remember before you think of quitting there are a thousand little kids who want to play cricket because they saw you play. You might not know it now but the future of the Indian cricket lies in your hands."

The look in Ro's eyes clearly read, "I needed this more than ever."

He had seen the exact look in Ro's eyes when he had come back from a shoot with Ritika and could not stop wandering in his thoughts and smiling to himself.

That look clearly read he was in love.

So when Ro came to Ranchi just after the news of the captaincy change was out and had claimed he was just missing his bhai. His eyes were telling a complete different story.

The look in Ro's eyes clearly read He was not okay.

"Are you okay, Ro?" He asked concerned. Ro looked up and after a minute said, "Yeah I'm fine why do you ask?"

Mahi bhai chuckled a little and said, "Ab bhai se jhut bolega?" (Now you will lie to your brother?)

Rohit looked surprised. "How did you know?" Your eyes he wanted to say. "Doesnt matter. First tell me what is wrong?"

Ro sighed. He was tired he really was. He felt as if for a moment the weight on his shoulders was lighter. It was his Mahi Bhai. He could fix anything.

"Its about the, the- captaincy thing." he finally said. "Did you have a fight with cheeku about this?" He asked

"I did but its all fixed now. I think in all the facade of me trying to prove myself to justify that it's not my fault I forgot that I never wanted this in the first place. For the longest time I felt that Vi was blaming me but now I realise that somewhere I am blaming myself too. I don't think I can do this Mahi bhai." his voice was awfully shaky. God has his ro been going through so much pain and he wasn't there for him all this time.

" I beg to disagree. You are a brilliant captain you always have done you have led the Mumbai Indians to win 5 IPL trophies and one Champions league Trophy. I am sure you can do this." he said hoping that it helped Ro.

" please Mahi bhai we both know that IPL is nothing compared to the Indian cricket team. And- and on top of that that is not the problem. The problem is that as Vice captain I could take care of anyone who was dropped out of the team or injured without them blaming me but now I have too much responsibility. I am the one who decides if they can play or not and I am scared that if they blame me. But what if just what if they think that their Ro bhaiya does not love them anymore. I cant risk that Mahi bhai."  saying this Rohit broke down in tears and hugged Mahi bhai tightly as if his life depended on it.

After a while bhai said, " do you still blame me for dropping you out of the 2011 world cup?"

Ro looked up at him confused, "I never blamed you, bhai."

" you may not have blamed me but for the longest time I blamed myself. Every match we won, every praise we got, every moment of joy, I missed you. I felt as if I have robbed you all of these moments. Then I would think that you hated me. Then the day when you came back in the team I was so scared to meet your eyes I was so ashamed myself that I couldn't even look into your eyes. But once I did, I saw the same love struck eyes and realised that you still love me." He said with utmost affection.

Then Ro realised what he was trying to say. " what if I can never be a good captain like you?" he mumbled.

" I will give you one piece of advice that Dada once gave me. Never try to be a captain like someone else. Don't try to be me or Cheeku. Lead the team as Rohit Sharma. And I assure you, you will make history."

Ro smiled and Bhai rubbed the tears of his eyes. That was when Ziva walked to the room and saw Rohit crying. "Chachu.." she said and Ro ran towards her.

Bhai watched them with pride and joy. then he heard the click of Rohit's phone when he saw:

7+ missed calls from Jassi

5 missed calls +23 messages from Harry

Vi (36+ messages)
Where the hell are you?
RO ANS ME
BHAI WHERE ARE U?????
wait why did Rits tell me u went to Ranchi
Are you ok?

Its me, Mahi bhai and he is with and he is okay now.

2+ missed calls from Rah
+Voice note
Ro bhaiya - I mean Rohit,  please come back. Virat is going crazy. Jassi is scared to death and Yas is crying and I- I am- nothing. Just come back Rohit.  

Mahi bhai was sure. His little Ro was very loved.

¤¤¤

A/n:
So how did you like it??
Requests are open💌