~Fighter~ Ro-Jaddu

A/n: A ro- jaddu fic requested by xjellybean01

Ind Vs Nz (World cup semi final), 2019
Everyone felt like time had stopped. It was not how they had expected it to happen. The dressing room was dead silent. The captain cool had walked out of the field with tears in his eyes.

The bus ride back to the hotel was dead silent. No one spoke a single word. Everyone felt disappointed but one person felt it the most.

Ravindra Jadeja may have the image of a typical prankster with no feelings but he was only a human. His heart had only felt this heavy when his mother had passed. Unsurprisingly he carried it well. He was Ravi Jadeja, he had to.

Everyone had their own ways of processing. Few broke into tears, few got angry and few were silent. Jaddu on the other hand was blaming himself.

"You are strong."  Rohit's message was still haunting him. He wasn't strong.

After reaching the hotel he locked himself into his room. He lay on his bed and stared at the ceilings with wide empty eyes. The eyes that had hopes, wishes and responsibilities earlier on.

He thought of Mahi bhai who had walked out with tears.

Then he thought about Rohit who had trusted him

He had thought about his captain.

Then he thought about his mother. His mother wouldve been so disappointed.

He had failed them......He had failed them all.

He didn't get a blink of sleep the entire night. They had a flight for the next day.  He went out early to see everyone there except Mahi bhai. The kids had been with him to make sure he was okay. He reached after a few minutes.

They all got on the bus. Jaddu sat on his designated seat. He didn't expect Ro to sit beside him as usual because he thought he hated him.

Rohit nudged him. He had bold red eyes but somehow they were still warm.

"Tune kal sher ki tarha lada. Teri koi galti nahin hai. Khudko blame mat kar." he said (You fought like a lion yesterday. You have no fault. Stop blaming yourself).

Jaddu gave a dry laugh to mask his pain. "Your a fighter, Jad. I am proud of you."

These were the words he needed to hear. His eyes started to water. He looked out of the window.

Looking out he said, " We'll make it next time. Won't we?"

"Yes we will."

Youre a fighter, Jad

These words kept ringing in his mind.

Ind Vs Nz (World cup semi final) 2023
When The last wicket fell of Nz and Ro was running around the field with his hands open. There was a brief moment when he remembered everything from four years back.

His eyes had med with Jaddu's. Both sparkling with hope, wishes and responsibilities once again.

They gave a knowing look to each other.

One step closer

Ind Vs Aus (World cup final) 2023
After his interview Rohit had rushed to the dressing room. His eyes with tears. The eyes which had hopes, wishes and responsibilities. Responsibilities he could not keep.

He had failed the entire nation. His last hope was gone. His entire team was looking up to him.

If only he had not played the shot.

He thought about Rahul Bhai who lost it for the second time

He thought about Vi who had given everything for this

Then he thought about Jaddu.  "We'll do it next time right?"

All for nothing. for loss. for pain.

Jaddu silently came in and sat down.

"I'm sorry." he said and Ro looked at him. "I should be. I am the one who failed you. I lost a home world cup for fucks sake. I dont deserve to be captain. I- "

"'Tune kal sher ki tarha lada. Teri koi galti nahin hai. Khudko blame mat kar. You are a fighter Ro.' Remember? Mujhe pata hai it'll take time to heal. Probably years and decades. But no matter who won. You will always be the hero of our story. My captain forever."

There was silence in the room. The understanding silence.

One month Later

Ritika was extremely sad to see her ro like this. She had seen the overwhelming support Ro and team India had gotten. So when the time was right she wanted to show it to him.

Jaddu had called her and told her to show it.

"Ro, Jaddu told me to show you this."

Team india may not have won the cup but they won our hearts #bleedblue

Take a bow to Rohit and his super 11. Every single one of them are fighters

We still want Cap ro to play the t20 wc.

ROHIT SHARMA SAR UTHAO HUM TUMHARE SATH HAI.

Reading these bought a very slight smile on his face. Then he heard a notification on his phone.

Jamnagar ka gunda
Bataya tha na? You are fighter cap.

¤¤¤

A/n: Hi guys so Requests are closed for now my exams are coming and writing is lowkey a distraction. So very sorry but for a month or so I wont be able to update.