~Mini soldier~ Ro-Juru

Rohit was sitting in his room with quiet literally nothing to do. He had been talking to Vi on the phone for two ours and now everything felt empty.

This emptiness did not last for long since the kiddos party mainly, Yashu, Shubi, Sarfu and Jassi had come in the room.

"Bhaiya, The kids were asking if they could go out for some celebration." Jassi asked on the behalf of the kids.

They had just won the third test with a massive 434 runs margin which would not have been possible without the kids stepping up. So, he could allow them one evening of fun.

"Ok but only if you go with them" Ro said pointing at Jassi. "But bhaiya I was going to stay with Juru." He said

"Why? Juru wont go?" Ro asked surprised. Jassi nodded 'no'. Ro thought for a second and said "You go with them. I'll be with Juru."

Once they had left Ro went to Juru's room and knocked. "Jassi bhaiya?" Juru asked from the other side of the room. "No Rohit bhai."

Juru immediately opened the door, "Bhai, W-What are y-you doing here?"

Ro chuckled and asked, "Why are you stuttering? Am I that scary?" Juru's eyes widened, "No bhai. Come in no please."

Ro went inside the room and settled himself on the edge of the bed. "Why didn't you go with them?" He asked observing the room. "Huh?" Ro repeated his question again more slowly.

"I dont know I mean I didn't want to." Juru mumbled

"You dont know or you didn't want to, which one exactly Juru?" Ro asked his voice extra gentle trying not to scare the kid.

Seeing Juru remain silent Ro said, "Let me answer that for you. You didn't go because you are disappointed in yourself and judging by the phone on your bed you have most probably been on social media."

Juru's eyes widened with shock "How did you- " Ro smiled and said "I have been doing this big brother thing since 2013 so I think I have had my fair share of expirience and not to mention I used to be like that too."

Juru sat beside Ro and said, "I dont know why but I feel like I almost had it you know? And I just gave it away stupidly."

"Juru, to be very honest this does not even matter. This was just your first match and you have played incredibly. You have so much to look forward to." He paused and put a hand on Juru's shoulder and continued,

"Cricket is not just about milestones, of course it is a part of it but Cricket is essentially about enjoying and about working hard. And I am saying this not just as your bhai but also as your captain that you have played incredibly. And I am so proud of you."

Juru was ready to give away everything to his bhai at that point. With his words he felt reassured and so to show his gratitude he hugged Ro.

After a few minutes Rohit said, "Instead of hanging out with people your age you are stuck with this old captain."

Juru chuckled and said, "Thank you for being here bhai."

¤¤¤¤

India was currently in a very bad position. Juru was sitting anxiously as once the next wicket would fall he would have to walk in to bat.

Before he went out to bat his eyes met Ro's and he mentally swore that he would not let his bhai down. He would try his absolute best to reduce England's lead.

Once the next wicket fell Juru went in to bat. Ro still had hope. He had decided not to tell him anything in advance as it might put pressure on him.

Juru was batting with great maturity showcasing his skills. Yashu came to stand next to him, "Look at Juru bhai he might end up being our saviour." Yashu said.Rohit nodded but didn't say anything.

Once the second day finished and Juru finished his first half century Rohit patted his back and gave him a huge smile.

Yet again Juru thought about how he would do anything to make Rohit proud. He would do absolutely anything.

The next day he went down to bat again but got out on 90. Yet again he missed a milestone by merely few runs and India was restricted to 307. As he walked back to the dressing room Yashu and Shubi patted his back. Yashu whispered, " Rohit bhai was very sad for you, Juru. You saved us."

Juru smiled at his best friend and went inside.

During the innings break Ro came to Juru and said, "Well fought innings mini soldier. I know you wont understand the impact you had now but believe me this is going to go down as one of your greatest innings."

Juru was a little surprised at the newly given nickname but was glad he made bhai proud.

¤¤¤

During the second innings after lunch India lost both Jaddu and Sarfu so Juru had to go to bat. If it were anyone else people would be sure of India losing. But it was Dhruv Jurel the guy who saved India from a humiliation in the first innings.

Ro was watching from the dressing room. He watched as the game slowly started to turn towards themselves again.

This was the series for youngsters Ro thought as he watched two youngsters slowly bringing India to a home series victory. Ro was assured that the future of Indian cricket was in safe hands.

The moment Juru hit the winning runs and while running hi-fi'd Shubi Ro was reminded of himself and Vi and he was filled with emotions.

As the match winners marched towards the dressing room Ro hugged the life out of Juru and said, "Well done, mini soldier."

¤¤¤¤¤¤

A/n: I wanted to write something on them for the longest of time and now I finally did it.

'When your card declines at therapy so they show you old clips of Ro talking about the WC before the WC.'-

Guys please continue in the comments.