48. Trap

Kika runs over to me and Isa into the girls restroom.

K: There you are, everyone is looking for you.

She stops as she sees my face.

K: Are you okay?

I'm looking at Kika in shock as I realized what Isa just said. My body starts to shake as I take my phone out to check the calendar.

E: No, no, no. Not now, please.

I mumble to myself.

Isa: When?

E: Should've got it two weeks ago. Since Grace I'm always on time.

I run my finger through my hair as I slowly slide down the wall. That's the worst timing ever. Even worst than Grace timing.

K: Woah, wait, are you pregnant?

Kika looks confused at me but kneels down next to me with Isa. Isa pulls me into a hug.

I: Betty is throwing up for a few days. It started like this when she was pregnant with Grace.

E: Not now, not in this mess.

I put my head on my knees. Kika puts her hand on my shoulders.

K: Hey, I know the timing is not perfect but you're great parents and you always wanted a friend for Grace.

I: Maybe it's a sign.

Isa smiles to me as I look up at my best friends.

K: I'm sure Charles will be very happy about it.

Kika and Isa both hug me. I sigh and shake my head.

E: But I'm not ready for baby no. 2.

I: C'mon let's go to Charles and tell him about Louise. Then you can have a romantic night to tell him the recent news. We can take care of Grace.

Kika nods in agreement as they help me up. I don't know what I would do without these two. They're always there for me.

E: We're having a dinner with the Canadian prime minister.

I see the girls looks.

E: Butttt... I'm gonna tell him about it later.

The girls smile proud of me and we go back to the others. Chris is already waiting for me with Grace on his arm.

Chris: Where have you been?

E: I was sick. Where is Charles?

Chris: He gave me Grace and left without a word. I've been looking for you for ages.

Ryan runs to us with Marcus. What the hell is he doing? He can't be seen.

R: Elisabeth, where is Charles?

Chris looks confused and angry at Ryan.

Chris: Ryan, what-

I interrupt Chris and get worried. When Charles is not with Ryan where is he? That was the plan.

E: He's not with you?

R: No. I thought he went to you with Grace after the interviews and-

E: Louise!

I get shocked and nervous.

Chris: Yeah, I'm looking for her as well.

He looks at Grace who gets sleepy on his arm. I look to Kika and Isa and we realize it all at the same time.

K+I+E: The trap!