47. Provoke

G: Mommy, wake up!

Grace jumps on me the next morning. I rub my eyes and grab her immediately. I see Charles getting ready while he watches us laughing. I also looks at Grace.

E: Are you laughing on me?

G: Yes!

She giggles and I sit up to tickle her. She starts to laugh non stop. Charles comes over after I stop to give me a good morning kiss.

C: How you feeling? You already slept last night when we came back so we tried to let you sleep.

G: Shh.

Grace puts her finger on her mouths to show me she stayed silent. I give her a smile.

E: I'm better but please let's just get rid of that woman. I'm so tired of this drama.

C: I talked to Chris yesterday that she just disappeared. He talked to her but she said she was at the restroom, feeling sick.

E: You're kidding me?

I look at Charles shocked not even knowing what to say anymore.

C: She feels sorry and will never do it again.

He rolls his eyes and is finally also annoyed by her. I look to Grace who decided to cuddle in my arms while I rub over her back.

E: We need to protect Gracie. It starts to affect her now. She can't walk around the paddock alone.

I sigh.

E: I'm gonna fire her now. I really don't care about anything else anymore. Grace is our baby.

C: I know princess. I talked to Ryan. I'm gonna talk to her after qualifying. Ryan got fired because of her. We need proof for this so he can come back. We own it to him. You won't convince your dad or Simon to get Ryan back.

He moves a hair strain behind my ear. I lean into his hand.

E: Okay, fine. But you can be the one now to fire her right after that talk.

C: Of course princess, everything for our family.

He kisses me before he starts to tickle Grace now. She laughs again and we enjoy some quality time with Grace before the qualifying.

******

Later I'm watching with Isa the qualifying in the Ferrari garage together. Grace is on my arm with headphones on to protect her ears. She's waiting for  Charles to appear on the screen.

I: What happened yesterday? Are you feeling better again?

I look at her and sigh. I get upset again. I shake my head and tell her about yesterday.

E: You know, everything is stressing me out. To be honest I don't care about proof. I just want her gone.

Suddenly Grace gets excited and points to the screen.

G: Daddy!

Isa and I laugh on her. I give Grace a kiss on the head as Isa turns around. Louise is standing next to Marcus behind us. Isa leans over to whisper even more.

I: She's literally staring at the screen. She's def in love with him.

I bite my lip. I hate her here. I turn around to Louise.

E: Louise, please take Grace to the restroom.

Grace looks at my in shock and wants to deny that she doesn't need to go. I turn her head to me and give her a look to be quiet but she gets sassy about it.