25. Media Day

The next day I put on a red short summer dress. Not to short the royal protocol would freak out. But a bit sexier than usual. Grace is sitting on my hip as I walk with her into the kitchen.

C: Lady in red, are you joining me today?

Charles smiles as he sees me and gives me a kiss.

E: It's media day in Monaco, so yes Simon and I are joining you.

I grin but Charles chokes on his drink and spills it.

C: Simon? Today? Why?

Chris: Because he is gonna me the next king who wants to support his brother in law.

Chris walks in only looking up of his tablet once. But behind him the girl I'm not wanting to see today.

Louise: Good morning.

She curtsy and gives me an extra big smile. I look with Grace for some breakfast.

C: Good morning, Grace got sick-

E: She's okay. You're gonna be off today.

I look to Charles first before I give Louise that extra big smile.

C: She still has fever, Betty. You can't take her with us today.

He looks at me and Grace worried.

E: I won't take her with us.

C: But w-

My mom walks in in perfect timing. Thanks to you, mom.

QS: Good morning, where is my little grand daughter?

Grace is still on my arm and puts her head on my shoulder as my mom wants to take her. I whisper to her but loud enough for every one to understand.

E: Mommy and daddy have to work today, baby girl. Grandma planned some fun things for you, huh?

QS: Did you call the doctor already?

She rubs over her back but looks to me.

C: Yes, I called him. He's coming in about half an hour.

I look to Charles and I see he's pissed that I haven't told him about my mom. His fault. I keep ignoring him, only talking to my mom.

E: I saw two teeth coming out. That's why she's whiny and has fever. She's teething.

My mom sighs and feels sorry for Grace. She leans down to face her better as she's still on my arm.

QS: Look, my dear, we could play with some balloons. What do you think?

She hesitates but nods slowly and reaches her arm out to my mom. I smile as she's going over to my mom. But Charles already grabs my arm.

C: Could we talk for a minute?

QS: Talk to him.

My mom gives me a kiss on my cheek and goes to the door with Grace to leave us alone. She turns around.

QS: Louise, you can come with me to watch how to do your job.

Charles get annoyed and throws everyone all of our staff out of the kitchen to talk with me alone now.

E: As long as you protect our nanny over me tha-

C: C'mon Betty, stop that. I'm tired of that drama.

E: Yeah, and I'm tired of you. What happened to you? We had a great time in Imola but all of the sudden you-

He runs his fingers through his hair, interrupting me again.

C: I just can't be a prince right now. I want to focus on my home GP. I can't be a prince, I'm sorry.

I look at him. His eyes are red. Tired. Exhausted. I sigh.

E: I know it's a lot to handle at the moment. I'm also on the edge of my nerved with everything going on but we can-

C: We can only do it together?

Charles smiles softly finishing my sentence. He moves a hair strain behind my ear, being gently as I know him. I lean into his hand.

E: I need Charles by my side, who's my best friend, my lover, my husband, the dad of my daughter. I only need you, Cha.

C: I'm here.

He kisses me gently. I kiss him back, and we can't stop for a few minutes.

C: I'm sorry, I didn't treat you like you deserve it. Sorry for leaving you alone with all of that.

E: Are we okay?

I still feel my wounds are not all healed now. I'm hurt but I don't want to fight anymore. We need us to go through that together.

C: Yes, we are. But princess?

I look at him as he stops.

C: Could you please not bring Simon with you? As much as I love him but please not today.

He moans laughing, throwing his head back.

E: We're just there for the media. Can't you see the news headlines: „The next king is supporting the new crown prince"?

I laugh as I show the news in the air. I start to laugh.

C: Would prefer „Princess Elisabeth and Charles are happy in love".

He winks and we both loath but I go back to be serious again. I need to tell him my biggest fear again so he understands me more.

E: Please don't leave me because I'm a born princess. We just need to survive the coronation. Everything will be fine again.

C: Hey, princess, I'm not planing to leave you.

He looks at me surprised and pulls me into a tight hug.