4. Plan

CHARLES POV

I walk into the paddock and see Pierre who bows and jokes around.

P: The price of monaco everyone!

C: Idiot.

I box him joking against his arm. He gasps and looks to my bodyguard.

P: Did you see that, the prince was hurting me.

C: They're here to protect me and not you.

I laugh and Pierre nods happy. He puts his hand on my shoulder while we start to walk.

P: That the laugh I wanted to see. You looked like shit when you entered the paddock.

C: Grace was struggling a lot when I left yesterday. I've never seen her cry like this before.

P: Well, then they should come here. Elisabeth didn't even made it to the season final last year. It's sad. 

C: You know it's not working. All eyes would be on her and the pressure of being the flawless princess.

P: She's not even one, Charles. Who would blame her if she's just being a kid?

C: The royal world is not working like this. Unfortunate but it's the best for Grace to grow up normal.

P: Yes but for what prince? You're all upset.

C: It is what it is. Sorry that's Betty.

I get a facetime call of Elisabeth and answer it with the biggest smile, telling her that I arrived in the paddock in Jeddah.

E: I'm glad you made it there safely.

I hear the TV in the background as she's probably watching the Vampire Diaries. She shows me how Grace sleeps on her chest.

C: How was she doing today? Is she okay again?

E: Maddie had to get me out, but she's sleeping peacefully now but only on me.

She laughs softly.

C: She starts to notice it. Last season she was too young for it.

E: She's growing up way too fast.

She looks down to Grace and rubs gently over her back. I wish I could be with them right now. I miss them so much.

C: Wait, are you wearing my hoodie?

I grin as I see that black oversized hoodie on her.

E: Maybeeee.

She acts innocent. I get a smile on my lips as I watch her.

C: You don't change at all, princess.

E: Oh, eh, Dad wants to talk about Grace 1st birthday, when you're back.

C: Why? Does he plan something?

E: I don't know, I told me after dinner.

She shrugs her shoulders. I get suspicious. Why does he want me to be there? We've planned a garden party for Grace already with our family and friends

C: Are you invitations for the garden party all sent out?

E: Yes, Isa texted me yesterday about it.

C: Okay, good.

Someone calls my name. I turn around and see Xavi.

C: Alright princess, I gotta go now. Good night to you and Gracie. I love you.

I blow a kiss in the camera and Elisabeth shows Grace in the camera one more time. We say goodbye and I take a deep breath before  I walk over to Xavi.

I miss them.

MEANWHILE - PIERRE POV

I watch how Charles answers the phone and is a complete different person now. He's all smiling and happy. He only walks with a sunglass around the paddock. Not showing his sad eyes. He's not really focused during the races. All he can think of is Grace and Elisabeth. I look over to Carlos who joined us a few seconds ago.

P: We need to do something.

Carlos: But how? The royalty is a bit too big for us.

*******

Sorry for the slow updates.

Hope you like it xx