35. Another Leak

The next morning I sit with Charles in the living room of his moms house. His whole family is together. It's a relaxed morning after a long night. Charles has his arm around my shoulder while I lean against him. We watch our daughter playing and talk to his family. No pressure. Just family.

A: Oh my god, did anyone see the news already?

Suddenly Arthur says shocked as he looks up from his phone. We look confused as he already turns on the TV.

NEWSTIME
After Prince Charles Leclerc just won his first home grand prix, we got these exclusive pictures of his wife Princess Elisabeth being intimidate with her bodyguard. Is Princess Elisabeth cheating?

 Is Princess Elisabeth cheating?

I'm shocked. I can't get my eyes off the TV. This is bad. This is huge. This is-

C: Lord, what's wrong the media lately?

He gets mad and points annoyed to the TV.

Lorenzo: I know you and Ryan are close but why this close?   

Pascale: Lorenzo, stop. You're not starting this now!

A: As if Betty would ever cheat on Charlie. C'mon Lorenzo.

Arthur shakes his head. I hear them, but what should I say. If even his own family won't believe me how should the world do it? I look down as my emotions overwhelm me. Charles notices it and puts his hand under my chin to make me face him.

C: Hey, I'm okay. Don't worry, princess.

Carla: We love you, Betty.

She comes next to the other side of me and puts her head on my shoulder. I lean mine against hers. She's the best.

E: Just so you know. We talked about Grace. She was chasing butterflies and I calmed Ryan down because he was overprotected and I want Grace to-

A: to have a normal childhood?

Arthur gives me a wink as he notice how much I struggle to find the right words.

C: Wait, it's was in the garden... the palace garden?

We all look back to the pictures. I turn to Charles shocked.

E: Yes, oh my god, yes.

C: Another security leak.

He is also shocked and I nod slowly. I jump up from the sofa.

E: We need to go to the palace. Grace, cmon we're going home!

P: Wait, what security leak? What happened?

Pascale stops us and looks confused but worried.

C: The video of us fighting was also in the garden. No paparazzi is allowed there.

L: So they sneaked in?

Lorenzo also gets worried. Charles and I both shrug the shoulders.

C: Probably, but they couldn't find the leak yet. That's why we got more security.

E: My dad thinks it's about the coronation of Simon. The enemies of the crown are trying to do anything to destroy the monarchy.

G: Here, mommy.

Grace walks over to me with a stuffed animal and wants to get picked up since I called her. I get her on my arm and give her a little kiss.

E: Oh, did you got a new stuffed animal from grandma?

G: Lolo.

She points to Lorenzo. I give him a smile like he does.

E: Thank you.

P: Alright, leave Grace with us. Go and do what you need to do at the palace. She's fine here.

Pascale takes Grace off my arm.

P: Do you wanna stay with grandma today?

G: Yes!

She claps her hands excited. I'm so happy she loves her.

C: Thank you, mom. I'll call you later.

We say goodbye to everyone before we make our way to the palace. I'm so nervous. Charles puts his hand on my knee to comfort me. What's my dad thinking? How is Ryan? God, Ryan. He is probably so stressed already. He was always the right man and did everything correctly. I shouldn't have done this.