19. Where is Charles?

A couple of days later the week of the Monaco Grand Prix started. This week is gonna be full of royal engagements besides that it's gonna be Charles home Grand Prix.

I'm currently stressing about all the things going on. Grace is getting fuzzy because she's everywhere but nowhere. Probably teething as well. Like always Chris is walking inside the living room while Grace is currently crying.

Chris: Your highness, where is Charles? He's been missing. I need to-

E: I have no idea. I've already called him. But you have to know that.

I reply annoyed. Doesn't he see I'm trying to calm my baby down? Idiot.

Chris: Oh, now I have to know?

He raises an eyebrow getting out of this role. I turn around surprised by this.

E: Excuse me?

He quickly bows. Knowing what he did is not okay.

Chris: I'm sorry. I just really need to get him into the fitting.

Grace: Mommy!

I look to my daughter who tries to get back my attention. I look back to Chris.

E: I can't help you.

I pick Grace up and are at the very edge of my nerves. I'm trying to do everything on my own to let Charles focus on his most important race of the season but with all of the engagements and people in the house it's getting a bit too much.

E: Lisa, where is Louise?

L: I'm gonna go and check on her.

She curtsy and was about to go out as I hear the laugh of our nanny.

Louise: Oh, that's so funny.

Right next to her. Charles.

Shirtless.

Laughing.

C: Yes, definitely was fun.

He sees how everyone of us stares at them. Even Grace stopped crying. I go over to them and stop by Louise.

E: Instead of fooling around with my husband you should do your job.

I walk away to bring Grace upstairs. I can hear Charles.

C: Sorry, she didn't mean it like that.

Oh, I did mean it like that, boy.

CHARLES POV

I put my hand on Louise arm as I see she's hurt.

C: Sorry, she didn't mean it like that.

I want to go after Elisabeth but Chris is blocking my way and turns me to the bathroom.

Chris: No, stop. Go and shower and then I need you in the fitting room for tomorrow's dinner.

C: This can wait, I need to check on Betty. She barely freaks out like that, so what happened?

I look confused to Chris. Something is wrong here and I need to know. Chris sighs.

Chris: You can't go on a run in times like this.

Chris looks up and down on me.

Chris: Especially not shirtless. You're gonna be the next crown prince.

C: The run is part of my job and as you know I don't have to follow the protocol while on my job.

Lisa steps in.

L: Grace is moody today. Elisabeth has engagements today which apparently she has to do without a nanny.

Lisa gives Louise a side eye but focus on me. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

Chris: Alright, now get in the shower.

He claps his hands but I shake my head.

C: I'm gonna check on Betty and Grace first.

Louise holds me back, telling me she's getting Grace now. I nod thankful and know the pressure for me to take a shower now. I give in and go to the bathroom.

ELISABETH POV

I put Grace down in her crib, stroking over her cheek smiling. No matter how hard it is she always puts on a smile on my lips. I love her.

I know she's only moody because she picks up my stressed mood from the past days. I'm exhausted. I try to hold back everything from Charles to let him
focus on his race.

Louise is walking inside the room and I see that she curtsy. I don't give her a look, only watching Grace.

L: I'm sorry, your highness.

E: She's asleep now. Take a look on her.

I leave the room and watch to the guards, asking where Charles is. They point to the bathroom. I thank them before going to Charles. I see he's standing under the shower. I watch him a few seconds before I just decide to open my dress. It drops on the floor and I get into the shower. I'm behind Charles and kiss his back, gently putting my hands on it. He turns around to me.

C: Oh hello gorgeous.

I get closer to him, the water running over our body's.

E: I need you. I can't do this on my own. It's getting too hard.

C: I'm sorry, I didn't know it's this hard. I'm gonna be there for you.

He puts his hand on my cheek, looking deep into my eyes. I start to grin and push him against the wall.

E: Okay, be there for me.

I bite my upper lip before I start to kiss Charles passionate. The water still running over our naked bodies. He lifts me up and goes gently into me. My arms are wrapped around his neck, holding myself. He presses me against the wall now, moving his hips fast. I throw my head back and moan. It feels good to be just the two of us after these days.

C: I love you, okay? Never forget this.

He looks at me after he let me down again. I smile softly and nod.

E: I know. I love you too.

We get out of the shower and make ourself dry again as someone walks into the bathroom without even knocking. Charles hears it first.

C: Woah, hey!

He puts quickly a towel infront of him to cover himself. I look over Charles shoulder after turning around, already behind wrapped up in a towel. Why does these moments of us always get destroyed? I started to get a love-hate relationship with our staff.

Louise: Oh, Elisabeth.

E: Yes, me?

I raise an eyebrow, looking at her to ask what the hell she's doing here?

L: I, eh, Grace is crying, asking for Grace.

E: I've already told you to knock before you go into rooms. Second, deal with it. She's always asking for Charles even if she's with me.

Charles notices how mad I get.

Again.

He leans over to me to give me a gentle kiss on my cheek and to whisper in my ear.

C: I will talk to Louise. Bring Grace into our bed and we can do some cuddles before I'm go to the fitting.

I sigh but nod. I take my dress with me and go to Grace room. Getting dressed and picking up Grace to bring her over to our bed. I cuddle and play with her while we wait for Charles.

But he doesn't come.