45. Back to be Royals

The next day we went home. We arrived two hours ago. My dad wanted to see us immediately. We're standing infront of the palace when Charles takes my hand.

C: Back to be royals.

I nod slowly but with a soft smile before we walk inside.

E: Hello, Dad.

But it's Simon who's sitting at the desk of my father. He is standing behind Simon.

S: Great to have you back.

KG: Hello my dear.

I look confused. I make eye contact with Charles before turning to my big brother.

E: What's happening?

S: Your dad is going on a last trip. It's gonna be our rehearsal.

E: What- what do you mean?

KG: Well you had some days off. Without my permission tho. Now it's time to get back into your role - the next crown princess and prince.

E: When? How?

I get nervous. Charles squeezing my hand. Did we just run away from the royal to come back and get the whole treatment?

S: They're leaving tomorrow.

Chris: You're going to the Canada GP with Charles meanwhile. After the last news we need some good publicity. You as a strong family. You're also gonna attend some meetings there.

C: But we gave you pics of sweden. The GP is gonna be in two days. And it's a double header, so the next race is the weekend after. When should we go on meetings?

Chris: In between, Charles. As soon as you're off form your team. I already to Fred.

C: I need to rest and recover.

Simon: It's time for the royal duties now, Charles. It's important for the Monaco royalty.

King George: Do whatever Chris is telling you. You had your days off. Time to go back to business.

Chris: Your suitcases are already packed. We're leaving at 6 tomorrow. You'll get a new bodyguard. His name is Marcus.

Charles looks to me. I give him a little nod. That's at least a good thing. One thing worked out.

C: Yeah, whatever you're saying Chris.

Charles says ironic. I give him a soft smile.We talk about the meetings before every leaves the room to do their stuff. I stay with Charles. I sigh and lean back.

E: Four hours back and already stressed out.

C: But Marcus is joining.

He leans over to me to take my hands.

E: Well, actually... I was thinking to talk to Simon instead of yours and Ryan's plan?

C: Simon is already starting to act like your dad, princess.

He squeezes my hands to show me he noticed that I'm still concerned with their plan.

E: Yeah, I know. Do you think we can't trust him anymore?

C: I think he also wants proof. Let's just get it done how we talked about it, huh?

He strokes my hair behind my ear. I nod upset.

E: Yeah, okay.

Charles puts his finger under my chin to raise it up. I look into his eyes.    

C: I love you, only you, princess.

I look at him and would love to say something but I'm tired of fighting. I enjoyed the last few days a lot. I think about it before I bite my lip.

E: How about you show me how much you love me?

C: Here?

He throws his head back laughing. I shrug my shoulders before I pull him into a kiss and mumble.

E: Why not? Grace is with Anna and Liam, it's just us.

C: In the office of your dad.

E: Nobody is gonna come.

I smirk and kiss him again. He lifts me up. I wrap my legs around him before he pulls my dress up.

C: Guards, let no one in!

Charles call trough the closed doors. I giggle.

We enjoy a fun and intimate time together before it's time to be royals again.