30. One Night

Arthur opens the door nearly falling.

A: Hello hello hello.

E: Aw, no more freakin out about the royalty being in the house?

I tousle through his hair wanting to tease him a bit, remember the last times I came here. Carla was waiting in the living room and laughs while she give me a hug.

Carla: He's finally over it.

C: Well, thanks for the invitation guys. Was a lovely surprise.

The brothers are smiling at each other as Arthur offers Charles to take a shower since he didn't do it at the track. We wait for Charles to go into the bathroom. I already sit down on the sofa.

Carla: Alright, tell us now what's going on between you?

E: Maybe I'm just over dramatic.

I sigh and they both sit down at the sofa as well. Arthur on the opposite site.

A: Let's us find out.

I look at my hands. I know I can trust them and maybe they can help us with it. Maybe I need to hear I need to calm down.

E: Louise, our nanny, she always calls us when Grace is crying without even trying to calm her down. She always runs into our room without knocking while we have- you know.

I stop, don't want to talk it about infront of Charles brother. But they both look at me shocked.

Carla: You're kidding me?

E: She even walks into the bathroom. I don't wanna know what she saw of Charles. She probably knows everything.

A: But aren't you having this royal protocol? Can she just go in without knocking? I thought it's so strict to became and be your staff.

E: Of course, she's not allowed to. But she's always acting like Grace is dying any minute. Charles falls for her. He's doing nothing about it. He protects her even tho I told him I'm not feeling okay with this.

I sigh. I feel bad for being jealous but I also need to talk with someone about it. I wish a tear of my cheek but Carla already saw it and pulls me into a hug, telling me not to cry.

E: I try everything, really. But it breaks me to not have the support of Charles.

Carla: I would feel the same, girl. But Charles loves you. Maybe you need to show him what he got with you.

E: It's not like I'm trying it already. But the one time he doesn't even kiss me back and the other time Louise is crashing.

Carla: You're still the Princess, Betty. If you're not happy with that Louise the show her who you are and who Charles wife is.

I look at both of them who are worried and really want to help me.

E: I love you, guys. Thank you.

I smile and hug Carla who's sitting next to me. I also smile to Arthur.

A: Carla, why don't you give Betty some clothes of you.

ARTHURS POV

I see Charles coming back so I sent Carla away with Betty so I can do a brother talk. I need to help them to fix this.

A: Charles, we need to talk.

I go next to me but he ignores me. He is looking at all these pictures and out of the window to see the skyline.