Speak!

Published May 20th, 2024. 

Ezekiel 2:6-7 says, "But you, son of man, do not be afraid of them and do not be afraid of their words, even though briers and thorns are beside you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of their words or discouraged by the look on their faces, for they are a rebellious house. Speak my words to them whether they listen or refuse to listen, for they rebellious." 

When God calls Ezekiel to become a prophet, one of the firs things God tells him is that Israel is rebellious and will not listen right away (maybe someone won't ever listen. However, the second thing that God tells Ezekiel are these blessed and powerful words, 'do not be afraid'. 

He tells Ezekiel to not be afraid or discouraged, as He tells Moses, Joshua, and so many others, reminding him not to focus on the looks people give him. Not to focus on the words that people speak against him. 

God tells Ezekiel to speak His words. 

God's words are far greater, far more powerful, and far more meaningful than the words of man. God Calls Ezekiel to speak His words, no matter what anyone else says or thinks. 

And the best part? This is still true for us today. 

Speak the Word of God, no matter what anyone else says to you, no matter what people think or do in return. He is good, and He calls you to love and speak His words, spreading the gospel so that all can hear. I encourage you, in whatever way you can to start out, speak His words. You never know whose lives will be changed by your courage. 

A/N: I also know that this is hard for some of us (me included). Just know that God knows your heart! He will give you the strength and the words, just ask him. :) 

Never forget that Jesus Loves You! And God Bless! 

-its_lexieyvonne