REMEMBER

Published April 7th, 2024. 

As I was reading Colossians, there was a small verse that caught my eye. Paul was writing this letter to the church in Colossia who were trying to understand how to be righteous. They were struggling with false teachings, and Paul was trying to encourage the church towards growth in their faith in Jesus. 

Colossians 4:18 says this, "I Pual, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you." 

While reading this section, a thought crossed my mind. Life isn't always going to be easy. We are going to go through suffering, but that suffering leads us redemption. And where does our redemption come from? Jesus! 

So, as I was reading this, I thought about the fact that Paul went through ALOT as he was writing these letters- especially in Colossians. Paul was encouraging the people of the church while he was in prison. He makes many points in Colossians (and in many of his letters) that we will all go through suffering, but that it is important to remember that even in the midst of our suffering, that we have HEAVEN to look forward to. 

In heaven, there will be no tears, no pain, no hurt, we will be at home with our Creator! 

Remember the chains we have here on earth, but also remember the freedom that we receive in heaven! 

Our chains here on earth are important, they bring us closer to the Lord, as well as gives us strength. But even though life here on earth may be hard, but we can rest assured that we have freedom in heaven, by the love of our Father and the sacrifice Jesus took on the cross for us. 

Never forgot how loved you are by the Creator of heaven and earth! Jesus died for you so that you could live! And even if this life produces suffering, freedom is found in Jesus Christ :) 

If you have any prayers or need encouragement, please comment or reach out! I would love to take your requests or be there for you! Never hesitate to request or comment! God bless and remember Jesus loves you. 

-its_lexieyvonne