Even Jesus Was Tempted

Studied November 9th, 2024. 

Published March 28th, 2024. 

References: Matthew 4:1-11; Mark 1:1-13; Luke 4:1-13. 

What does it say? In Matthew, it tells us that the devil will do basically ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to try and pull us away from God! Satan is the father of lies, and he will use even the Word of God to try and turn our hearts! 

He will use relationships, possessions, people, jobs, opportunities, anxieties, idols, fears, jealously, passions, dreams- basically anything on the face of the planet in order to pull us away from the Father. He will use things that we know are true, then change and manulipate them in order to get us to fall behind him and his lies. 

Key Points: Jesus was tempted in the wilderness for forty days and forty nights. He was guided by the Holy Spirit to go into the wilderness and fast, spending time praying and being present with God. Satan tried to use the authority Jesus had as the Son of God in order to get Him to fall. The devil attacks us when we are at our weakest places. (Jesus was hungry and thirsty in the wilderness when the enemy went after Him. 

Main Takeaway: Like Jesus, we too will be tempted by the enemy. Satan can and will use anything to stir you away from God- but like Jesus, we too can have authority to cast him away. 

Another thing absolutely love about the life of Jesus is that He humbled himself as a human being so that He could be with us and experience the same things we do! Jesus was tempted here on earth, just like we are! He understands the frustration, conviction, and hurt that comes with temptations, and He shows us how to handle it! 

He knows what we're going through here on earth, because He experienced it himself! What a beautiful gift it is to know that the Lord knows exactly what we're going through here on earth and goes out of His way to love on us and be with us through it all. :) 

-its_lexieyvonne