God on the throne

Published May 20th, 2024. 

What is so beautiful about the Bible is how it the stories correlate with one another! 

We see in Ezekiel Chapter One the beyond beautiful description of God on the throne, in which he describes the following: 

-the throne had the appearance of lapis lazuli (Ezekiel 1:26)

-he sees someone who looks like a human sitting on the throne (Ezekiel 1:27)

-from the waist up, He gleams like amber (Ezekiel 1:27)

-around Him and from the waist down He seems to be like a blazing fire (Ezekiel 1:27)

-there is a brillant light that surrounds Him (Ezekiel 1:27)

-a rainbow shines around Him and the throne (Ezekiel 1:28)

This is such a mind-blowing description! Every time I read it, I find myself becoming more and more fascinated and in love with the beauty and splendor of our heavenly father! (I really encourage you to read these kinds of chapters, they're amazing!) 

But what is even more mind blowing is Revelation Four. John (Son of Zebedee) is stranded in isolation on an island as an exile when he encounters the Lord again, seeing visions of the day of the Lord, seeing Jesus again and seeing the glorious throne room of heaven. And the description that John gives of the throne room of heaven, of God, and of the angels is the exact same as what Ezekiel describes! 

How amazing is that! 

If this isn't proof of God, if this isn't proof of how beautiful and fascinating God and the Word of the Father is, I don't know what is! 

-its_lexieyvonne