f i f t y - f i v e

At Minho's place.

"Felix, don't make too big of a mess in the kitchen!" Minho said from the living room after hearing a loud noise coming from the kitchen

"All good!" Felix said with a bright smile on his face. He felt really happy at that moment, the warmth inside his chest kept him away from all pain and tiredness.

"The brownies are finished!" He said

Minho walked inside of the kitchen, looking over at the finished product. He smiled fondly while nodding. Felix then took one brownie in his hand offering Minho to take a bite out of it. Minho complied and despite tasting Felix's brownies for the hundredth time, he was still amazed at how tasty they were.

"As good as always." Minho said

Felix giggled, reaching out for a plate to serve the brownies onto the dining table.

In the meantime, Minho turned on the tv as he sat down on the couch. Despite his looks, he enjoyed watching dramas whenever he had free time. So a drama was playing on his tv, per usual.

It was only after Felix sat down next to him, munching onto the sweets that he took his eyes off of the screen. He turned to Felix, pinching his left cheek as the boy ate. "Cute." He said

Felix smiled from ear to ear, upon hearing it. The two of them spent a few hours chatting and catching up on each other's lives. After some time, Minho was about to get up but heard a ruffling noise of paper inside is pocket.

'I should read Jisung's letter now.' he thought to himself as he reached out for the paper inside his pocket

Once Minho left for the other room, Felix took that time to get ready for the event that was taking place at the Golden Hotel that night. It was the time of Hyunjin's anniversary as the hotel's CEO and Felix planned on looking his best. He made his way to the closet, where he picked a white turtle neck and a black coat along with black pants to wear and took the hairdryer in hand styling his hair.

'It's going to be a long night...' he thought to himself

꒰⁠⑅⁠ᵕ⁠༚⁠ᵕ⁠꒱⁠˖⁠♡

Minho sat on his bed, opening the envelope to read through the letter. He felt a bit uneasy over reading through it, he shook his head as an attempt to make those thoughts go away.

He exhaled deeply, before taking the letter out of the envelope to read through it:

Lately I've been staying up until late at night, almost as if I was waiting for a new sunrise. To my misfortune, it always looked the same from each perspective. I've prayed for a better fate, one in which I can be myself and smile from the heart. I don't think my fate can walk a different path, as many have already said that fate is what we're given and not what we choose. I tend to think a lot more these days, and because of that, I'm here writing you this letter.

My true feelings are far from what I show, because in truth, I never wanted to leave. At times, I'd question why it always had to be me who takes the blame. Being the bigger person, I chose this path. Subjectively, I tend to blame myself for every minor mistake that I make in my relations with other people. So, that is why I never got to tell you the true reason as to why I'm boarding the plane.

Minho furrowed his eyebrows upon reading through the first part of the letter.

I'm sorry, I may seem like a coward for not being able to tell you these things in person. Despite the looks of it, I hold a fragile heart in my chest. It's too weak to speak the truth at most times. Minho, I truly am thankful for you. Don't forget that, I love you, as much as I'm not good at expressing it. I try. In truth, I'm leaving because the guilt is eating me alive. I've been analyzing my surroundings, and the more I look at it, the more right it seems. My presence isn't wanted in people's lives. I'm like a gentle breeze that is asked for only when the warmth is too hard to endure, yet hated when I pass by at other times. I'm leaving because it's what I think is better for many, including myself. Therefore, you're free to do anything, with anyone. Though, I'll continue to love you from afar, as I always have been. Please, forgive me.