Finally

2022. Austria

Charles's POV:

"YOU WON! YOU ARE THE WINNER OF THE AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX!!!" -I heard Xavi shouting on the radio

I couldn't believe I could do it again. I was so happy. When I got out of the car I saw Hamilton's car from left and Max's car from the right. Max didn't look so happy so I went to Hamilton at first who congratulate happily. After my break up with Charlotte I haven't felt so fine but this was my 3rd win in this season and I couldn't care about my personal life now. We went to the cool down room and Max also congratulated me. After a little pointless chit-chat we went up to the podium and after the realisation came to me I saw Max's face. Our relationship was pretty complicated. We are friends now and I think I trust him again but all the time I'm on the first step of the podium he looks angry. I know he is angry at him self for not winning and probably Jos treats him bad too but I would be happy if he could show his appreciation a bit. After the podium and the loads of interviews I went back to the hotel. I was thinking maybe I could go to Max to make the first step. But that awful conversation what we had 2 years ago in SPA have been ranging in my head.

"You will never ever be like me Charles! No matter how many times you win it will be luck and not you!!! I'm not on your fucking level!!! What do you want me to do?! Kneel down praise you like OOOH MY GOD THERE IS NO PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE?!?! Don't be fucking ridiculous Charles."

I started crying again from these memories and I couldn't stop it. I slipped down next to my bed on the floor and cried out my eyes. After an hour I heard knocking. But I couldn't stand up to go there cause I knew that I must look like a disaster not like a proud winner. I heard the door open and it flashed back to my mind that I forgot to lock it back. I heard steps coming closer and I hid my face in my crossed arms on my knees.

"Charlie..." -a really soft voice whispered

I knew it was Max. I couldn't tell him he was the reason of my crying. I looked up and I saw him kneeling in front of me.

"Why are you here?" -I asked him but my voice cracked

"I was calling you at least 6 times but you didn't answer" -he said and put his hands carefully on my knees

"I turned it off" -I answered in a whisper

He stood up and looked around the room. The place looked like a mess. I broke some things and my dirty clothes were all over the room.

"Put up your arms please" -he asked me gently

I had no energy to argue so I did as he asked. He leaned down and put his arms under mines and he lifted me up so I crossed my legs around his waist.

"What are you doing?" -I asked still sobbing a bit and he headed to the door while grabbed my phone fast and put it in his pocket

"Making you feel like a real winner. A winner shouldn't cry in his dark room. And this place looks like a real disaster." -he said and we went out

It was 9pm so nobody was on the corridors. Most of the people were partying in the city. He went to the elevator and went in. It was only the two of us. I leaned back a bit to see his face which didn't look so happy.

"Hey is everything okay?" -I asked softly and his beautiful ocean blue eyes looked in mines

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine" -he said with a sad smile and it was painful to see