A battle within myself

2018 Summer break

Verstappen's POV:

I love him but I can't tell him. I don't want to say it because I know that sooner or later we will have to break up and I don't want him to be in a lot of pain. Maybe I was stupid for thinking that, but I thought it was the best solution. It's been a week since I didn't tell Charles that I love him and we texted every day but didn't meet. I spent most of my time hanging out with Martijn and Daniel or working out and playing FIFA or sim racing. I felt that he became a little more distant and I was a little afraid that I might lose him before time. It's 8pm on Wednesday and the second half of the season starts on Friday next week. I didn't want the remaining time of the break to pass with us being apart and growing distant from each other. I miss Charles, so I decided to text him.

Me: Hey Charlie, I miss you❤️

Me: I'm really sorry for my behavior on last week... I didn't want to hurt you

Me: I don't want to be apart from you

It's been 10 minutes and no response. I started to worry a little. I went to take a shower and when I turned on the water, I heard my phone ring. I didn't pay much attention to it, I thought I'd check it when I was done. I washed my hair, turned off the water, dried myself and went to my bedroom to get dressed. When I opened the door, I saw Charles lying in my bed and sleeping peacefully. I knew he had sleeping problems, but now he seemed so calm. Charles Leclerc in my bed, I loved the sight. I got dressed and lay next to Charles. I tried not to wake him up. I picked up my phone and saw the missed calls and messages.

Charlie❤️🥇: Hi

Charlie❤️🥇: I understand you but ofc I'm not happy

Charlie❤️🥇: I don't want to be apart either

Charlie❤️🥇: I slept awful in the last few days and I miss you too

Charlie❤️🥇 3 missed calls

Charlie❤️🥇: Can I come over?

Charlie❤️🥇: Max???

Charlie❤️🥇 2 missed calls

Charlie❤️🥇: I'm coming over

I read the messages and looked at Charles sleeping next to me. My heart melted.

LeClerc's POV:

The second half of the season started slowly and there was a lot of bad feeling. Max and I got a bit distant and it scared me. I definitely wanted to change that. When I finished showering, I had dinner and went to bed. I haven't slept properly in 3 days because of the stress and I was already in a very bad state. I lay down on the bed and then I saw that Max had texted. I read it and decided go over since he didn't write back and didn't pick up. There is no way the situation can remain as it is now. I put on my glasses and slippers, took my phone and the key that Max gave me to his apartment and went up to the top floor in my pajamas. I went into his apartment and heard the water running. I was very tired, so I went into his bed room, which I hate anyway because it has only a bed, a carpet and the simulator in it. I sat down on the bed and leaning on the back I started looking at my phone. I was much calmer than the previous days. I was finally not worried in bed. I was already very tired and Max still hadn't finished, so I put away the phone, took off my glasses and put them on the bedside table. I covered myself and went to sleep. His bed smelled so good, it smelled like Max. The pleasant scent and the fact that I was at Max's calmed me down so much that I immediately fell asleep. I woke up when I felt the bed sink next to me. I felt a warm sensation when Max lay next to me. I thought about touching him, but I turned to my other side so he wasn't facing me. That's when I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me close. He hugged me and pulled me to him, then he kissed the top of my hair.