A real nightmare

2019 winter break

Charles' POV:

After I called Pierre and he said he will be here as soon as possible I felt a slightly bit more relieved. I was still and my mother's house but it was a fucking chaos. Here were Max's mom and dad, but I rather call him Jos. A man like him is not a dad, it's a monster. He ruins both of our lives. Max packed his things and left. I couldn't believed it that it's over. That we are over. And it all happened because of Jos. I want to collapse, cry, just die fast and not suffer from all of this shit. I not only lost my boyfriend, my love but I lost my best friend too. I know I can't live without Max but now it looks like that he will never dare to talk with me again. I heard a knock on my bedroom's door.

"Come in" -I said while sobbing

Pierre came in carefully and closed the door behind himself. He came to me and sat next to me on the bed and hugged me. I hugged him back and I let myself cry, sob on his shoulder. I had to let it out. I gripped him like he was the only thing that's left for me even though I still had a family but after losing Max I'm not the same.

"Everything will be okay Charles" -he said and stroked my back

I managed to calm down a bit and I went to have a cold shower to calm down even more. When I understand I realised that I don't have my jumper on me. I must have left it at mom's. After I finished I dressed up.

"I think we should go to yours" -I said in a very low voice

"Okay, let's go" -he said and stood up

I said goodbye to my mom and as we passed the living room we heard Max's parents still shouting. At that moment I knew I had to explain this to Pierre but he probably already guessed the situation. We went back to his flat and sat on the couch in the living room. I felt more calmer and I felt like it's now or never.

"I love Max. Romantically. He was my boyfriend but his dad heard that we are a couple and got mad, shouted at Max and he decided to break up cause he can't handle it." -I said and started to feel the tears gathering in my eyes- "I can't blame him for it. I totally understand his fears but we love each other now he is so scared of being with me that I'm afraid that we might never speak normally again." -I said and Pierre took my hand

"I'm here for you. And your family too. You can count on us no matter what. And I'm sure that Max will realise too that he has to take a risk for love and happiness. But maybe leaving him a bit space and time would do great to him. You know how stubborn he can be. I'm sure he will come back when he calms down."  -Pierre hugged me and we smiled

I can't be enough thankful for him. We spent the whole day together. We sat on the couch, played FIFA and some kind of other games on his PS5. We ordered pizza for lunch and the dinner was a soup that he cooked. It cheered up my mood a bit. Being distracted is the best way for cheering up. At least for me. I got tired very quickly from the much crying. So we went to bed kinda early. Pierre lied down next to me. My eyes were closed already and as I felt the bed sank in a bit I immediately thought of Max. I remembered for all the times that Max has lied down next me, the times when he helped me sleep, as we cuddled and fell asleep after talking till 3am. I can't stop thinking about him. My mind is going crazy for him. I started to feel very very overwhelmed. I felt an enormous pressure in my chest like if my heart were about to explode. I could barely breathe. My lungs felt numb. I sat up in the bed and opened my eyes. I started to take breaths more and more fast but it didn't help and I still felt out of breath. My vision got blurry in a tenth of a second and as I wanted to scratch my arm to Pierre to wake him up and ask help I saw I was shaking. I knew I had had a panic attack but Max was always there to help me and now he was not here. Finally Pierre noticed I'm not okay and sat up quickly.