Chapter 136: Teaching Eight Inner Gates

Shisui had just returned home not long ago when an unexpected guest arrived.

"Chief-sama." Shisui greeted Uchiha Fugaku.

"No need to be so formal, just call me uncle. I once fought side by side with your father." Uchiha Fugaku said with a smile.

"Alright, Uncle Fugaku." Shisui nodded in agreement.

"Is there something you came to see me about today?" Shisui asked.

He didn't think Uchiha Fugaku, the chief of the Uchiha Clan, would come to see him for no reason, especially since he wasn't his real uncle.

"Nothing special, it's time again for the clan to reward outstanding Uchiha members. I happened to have some free time so I came to deliver them to you, and also to see our Uchiha geniuses." Uchiha Fugaku said with a smile.

"Thank you very much," Shisui said.

He wasn't very concerned about the so-called rewards. Although Shisui had no parents or grandparents, he was not short of money.

His parents left him a considerable inheritance, which would be enough for him to live on even if he didn't become a ninja.

"Haha, it's no trouble, and it's not far." Uchiha Fugaku laughed.

"Shisui, what are your plans for the future?" Uchiha Fugaku suddenly asked.

After arranging the items he was going to distribute, Uchiha Fugaku continued:

"I've heard that you already have the strength to defeat graduating Genin. Have you considered graduating early? The Academy's curriculum is no longer of much help to you."

"If you graduate early, I can apply to have you directly transferred to the police force. Then you can learn from the Jonin within the clan."

Usually, newly graduated Genin cannot directly join departments like the police force; they have to be mentored by Jonin for a period of time. However, Uchiha Fugaku is the leader after all, and he believes that applying to Third should not be a problem.

After listening, Shisui shook his head inwardly. He had already discussed early graduation with Mutsuki. He felt Mutsuki's suggestion was good, and he didn't think Uchiha Jonin could surpass Mutsuki in terms of strength and teaching ability.

However, with Uchiha Fugaku, the head of the Uchiha clan, personally coming to see him, Shisui felt it would be impolite to refuse too directly. So, after waiting for a while, he tactfully declined:

"Uncle Fugaku, I feel I still have some way to go before I'm ready in all aspects to become a full-fledged ninja. I don't have any thoughts of graduating early for now."

"Well, that's also fine. I didn't expect you to be so mature at such a young age, Shisui. You'll surely become a great asset in the future." Despite being rejected, Uchiha Fugaku didn't show any signs of displeasure; instead, he praised Shisui.

"Shisui, do you still have a good relationship with Uchiha Obito? I heard that Uchiha Obito has made great progress recently and has been recognized as an outstanding Uchiha." Uchiha Fugaku continued the conversation.

"Yes," Shisui admitted with a nod. Mutsuki only instructed them not to disclose that he was their sensei; he didn't require them to act like strangers among disciples.

"How do you feel about Uchiha Obito?" Uchiha Fugaku asked casually.

"He's a very outstanding Uchiha, diligent in his training," Shisui replied.

Uchiha Fugaku asked directly, so he responded in kind.

"It would be good for you outstanding Uchiha to interact more. The future of the Uchiha Clan will depend on you," Uchiha Fugaku nodded with a smile.