Chapter 43: The Competition Begins

Evening, Uchiha Clan territory.

"Obito, don't eat so quickly, be careful not to choke."

Upon hearing his grandmother's words, Obito slowed down his pace of eating and explained:

"Grandma, a friend invited me to hang out."

"Which friend, is it little Rin?" Obito's grandmother looked at Obito with a smiling squint and asked.

Since Rin often came to play with Obito, Obito's grandmother also knew Rin.

"Yeah, but there are also other people." Obito replied while eating.

Tomorrow, the Youth Ninjutsu Grand Competition is about to begin, and today he practiced seriously all day, leaving him exhausted.

Perhaps because he and Kakashi are going to be competitors again tomorrow, Rin invited them to come out tonight to relax a bit.

Due to Kakashi's influence, Obito also invited Might Guy to join them.

"I'm full." After finishing his meal, Obito wiped his mouth and hurriedly prepared to leave.

Obito's grandmother followed him to the entrance, smiling, and said, "Do your best, Obito. I hope to see a great-grandchild someday."

Obito nearly somersaulted to the ground, blushing as he turned around and shouted, "Grandma, I'm still in school, you know."

Although he did have certain thoughts in his mind, he felt he was still too young at the moment.

They agreed to meet on a street in the southern part of the main city.

When Obito arrived, he found that the other three had already gathered; he was the last one.

"I ran into an old lady who needed help on the way, so I was a bit delayed." Obito explained.

"You seem to encounter old ladies easily, it's always like this every time." Kakashi felt it was a bit exaggerated.

"I don't know either, but when I see an old lady in need, I can't just ignore her, right?" Obito felt a bit wronged because he did indeed help an old lady on the way.

"Alright, it's okay now. It's probably because Obito is too kind, with a pair of eyes keen on spotting those in need of help." Rin walked with her hands behind her back, coming between the two and smiling gently.

With this small incident resolved, the four of them walked together on the main street.

"So many people. How about it, Kakashi? Shall we see who can navigate through the crowd faster?" Might Guy couldn't help asking as he looked at the densely packed crowd.

"I'm afraid I have to decline." Kakashi decisively refused, leaving no room for Might Guy's fantasies. Such a challenge was just too foolish.

"Today, this side of the street is hosting an event, so many people have gathered." Rin explained.

Then, Rin led the three to the event venue. The entire street was filled with vendors, brightly lit, and people dressed in yukatas strolling together.

"Look, these goldfish are so cute." Rin spotted a stall where people were trying to catch goldfish and waved to the others with a smile.

"Young lady, want to give it a try? It's just ten ryo, and you can get a net." The stall owner tempted.

"Ten ryo, huh..." Rin wore a contemplative expression. Just ten ryo didn't seem like much, but there was no guarantee that a single net would be sufficient; these paper nets were too easy to tear.