Chapter 66: True Ninjutsu Talent

The second day's practical exam was still conducted on the training ground, just like before.

After all the students completed the drawing of lots, Mutsuki announced that the practical exam was officially beginning.

"Please, the first examinee, Hagani Kotetsu, and the second examinee, Koji, enter the examination area."

Kotetsu knew that being the first number, he would definitely be the first to take the exam, so he had already warmed up in advance.

"Let me take the lead, remember to cheer for me." Kotetsu bid farewell to his two good brothers and walked into the exam area.

"Kotetsu, don't lose in the first round." Izumo encouraged Kotetsu with a supportive face.

Koji and Kotetsu entered the field together. The two did not exchange much conversation. They waited for Mutsuki to shout "begin" and immediately started the battle.

Although they were supposed to drive away the Taijutsu sensei, it wasn't about acting in the practical exam but demonstrating their own specific qualities. They wanted the supervising sensei to see the gap between the students' Ninjutsu and Taijutsu levels.

In the early stages of the battle, both of them engaged in Taijutsu, probing each other.

In the first wave of probing attacks, Kotetsu temporarily suppressed Koji with greater strength.

Then Koji started playing tactics. First, he used the Substitution Jutsu to confuse Kotetsu and create distance. He then split into two Clones to confuse him and find an opportunity to attack.

Koji's mastery of the Three Basic Jutsu was decent, but Kotetsu played it more creatively.

First, Kotetsu created a chair Clone, followed by two normal Clones.

He used the normal Clones to confuse Koji, then took the opportunity to replace the chair Clone with a normal Clone using the Transformation Jutsu. Finally, he transformed himself into a chair.

Naturally, Koji didn't suspect a peculiar chair that could move, and Kotetsu seized the chance to defeat him with a single blow.

"Hey, isn't that Kotetsu, one of the three major Ninjutsu talents that caused such a stir in school before? I didn't expect this Confusion Jutsu to have such ingenious applications," Ueda Aya exclaimed, praising Kotetsu's tactical brilliance.

"And both the Clone Jutsu and Transformation Jutsu are already very proficient, even more impressive than the students in my class," exclaimed Ueda Aya.

She teaches second-year Ninjutsu classes, and even the best in her class in basic techniques doesn't match up to Kotetsu before her.

Strictly speaking of Clone Jutsu proficiency, Ueda Aya believes that Kotetsu has already reached a level sufficient for graduation.

It's truly a very good Clone Jutsu.

Kotetsu's opponent, Koji, also performed exceptionally well, easily outclassing most students in her class.

While praising, Ueda Aya was also assigning grades to Kotetsu. For the Ninjutsu portion, she directly gave Kotetsu a full score of 10 points.

Not giving full marks for this level of Ninjutsu in the first year seemed a bit unfair. As for the physical aspect, Ueda Aya only gave 7.1 points, which, compared to Ninjutsu, could be considered just above the passing line.

As for Koji's physical abilities, there's not much to say. Ueda Aya only awarded 5 points.

In Shuriken throwing, both performed averagely, and Ueda Aya only gave them 5 points each.