Chapter 90: Proficient Level: Great Fire Destruction

"Sensei, I want to challenge the river sprint!" Obito found Mutsuki and shared his desire to have another battle with him.

It had been exactly four days since his last failed challenge.

During these four days, he learned Mutsuki's special training acceleration techniques and even surpassed the limit speed in a competition with Guy. Obito felt he now had the strength to clear the challenge.

Of course, it was mainly because Obito believed his constant failure in speed competitions was due to not mastering Soru.

Moreover, the next week's training included practical tests. Obito wanted to master Soru this week so that he wouldn't be as passive in the practical tests next week.

He wanted to defeat Guy once.

So far, in the official practical showdowns with Guy, Obito has never won once, always falling just a bit short.

If Guy masters Soru, which Obito hasn't, he feels that his chances of winning in this practical test are even slimmer.

If the differences were significant, it would be understandable, but each time, Obito falls just a bit short, and he's getting frustrated.

"Alright, follow me." Mutsuki nodded and led Obito to the riverside.

The second stage is different from the first; there's no need to set traps in advance; they can directly start the challenge.

Mutsuki summoned a large number of Shadow Clones and released a multitude of Water Dragon Bullets onto the river.

"Yumi-sensei, I'm ready." Obito took a deep breath, concentrating his chakra in preparation for the sprint.

"Begin!"

Obito's eyes were fixed on the Water Dragon Bullets, trying to discern the hidden patterns among them.

After the last failure, Mutsuki had given him hints—those numerous Water Dragon Bullets weren't randomly rushing about; they moved with a purpose.

If it were just a normal fifteen-meter water surface, Obito could sprint across in an instant, but with the interference of the Water Dragon Bullets, a reckless charge wouldn't work; he'd easily be thrown off course.

After observing for two seconds, Obito finally discovered the secret within.

There were a total of twelve water dragons on the river, grouped into sets of three. Within the same group, the water dragons had similar patterns of advance and retreat. In other words, the twelve water dragons could be seen as four larger water dragons.

There was also a pattern between the four large water dragons. Approximately every one and a half seconds, a brief safe zone would appear between two of the large water dragons. The time was extremely short, almost disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Once understanding this, Obito instantly rushed out; there was no time for further observation.

On the surface, it seemed like a ten-second clearance time, but in reality, the time available for action might not even be half a second. This stage tested both observational skills and the speed of instant decision-making.

After grasping the pattern, navigating the challenge became much easier. Obito would pause after traversing four water dragons, waiting for the opportune moment.

Standing on the water's surface, Obito kept his eyes fixed on those menacing water dragons, not daring to show any slack. He couldn't afford to make a mistake; the margin for error in the second stage was much smaller compared to the first.