Chapter 35: Asuma vs Shisui

"Something's not right. Even if the money hasn't been given to you, it belongs to our family. How could it be considered earnings?" Asuma organized his thoughts and countered.

"You're really smart." Mutsuki smiled and praised.

Although praised, Asuma felt a strange sensation he couldn't quite express.

"Anyway, go resign from the old man. I don't need a tutor." Asuma lay against a tree, getting straight to the point.

"Since you don't want me to teach you, just don't come, or tell Lord Third and others that you don't need it," Mutsuki suggested.

"Do you think I'm stupid? If I do that, all the responsibility falls on me." Asuma lifted his head slightly, proud.

As for Lord Third, it didn't matter much, but Asuma was more afraid of his mother, Biwako, getting angry.

Mutsuki nodded inwardly; indeed, Asuma was quite straightforward. As long as he resigned citing Asuma's lack of cooperation as the reason, the blame would inevitably fall on Asuma.

However, he had no reason to do so. After all, manipulating a nine-year-old like Asuma was too easy.

"Why are you so resistant to tutoring?" Mutsuki didn't rush to start Asuma's training but continued to chat with him.

"You wouldn't understand even if I told you," Asuma shook his head, displaying an attitude of "you wouldn't understand until you're my age."

"Why wouldn't I understand? It's just that you don't like your father's arrangements," Mutsuki bluntly stated.

Based on Asuma's identity and his own personality, it was easy to deduce the reasons for Asuma's rebelliousness.

Asuma had talent, though not comparable to those exceptional individuals. He was considered a genius, and he seemed to have dedicated effort to his training. Mutsuki could see that Asuma had laid a good foundation.

However, due to his status as Lord Third's son, his personal efforts might ultimately be dismissed lightly, becoming a mere reflection of being Lord Third's child.

Effort is considered a matter of course, and not putting in effort invites criticism from many. Given this, it's strange if the father-son relationship between Asuma and Lord Third is good.

Upon graduating to become a ninja, feeling that he had grown up, Asuma was surprised to find that Lord Third had hired a tutor. This clearly made Asuma feel completely underestimated.

"You can only see the surface like this," Asuma maintained his expression of "you wouldn't understand" until Mutsuki uttered the next sentence.

"Isn't it because, despite your hard training, all you received was the acknowledgment of being Lord Third's child?" Mutsuki said with a smile.

Asuma's face instantly changed, and he looked at Mutsuki with a somewhat frightened gaze. This was something he had never told anyone, and suddenly, Mutsuki pointed it out, giving him a sense of fear as if his innermost feelings were forcibly laid bare.

"I don't understand what you're talking about," Asuma insisted with a tough exterior.

However, his restless little hands already exposed the anxiety within him.

"If you want to prove yourself, you should embrace tutoring even more. Strengthen your own abilities and prove yourself through strength," Mutsuki continued.

"After all, you can't be considered excellent in your current state," Mutsuki directly negated Asuma's strength.

First, having his inner self exposed, and now being entirely denied, Asuma became agitated and defended himself, saying, "When I was in the Academy, I was often the top of my class. How can I not be considered excellent?"

Mutsuki smiled and said, "Believe it or not, I could randomly pick a student who just entered the Academy, and you wouldn't be a match for them."

Asuma chuckled. If it were a graduate, it would be one thing, but even a newcomer to the Academy—he wouldn't be afraid, even if it were Kakashi just starting at the Academy.

"If you have the guts, go find one. If I lose, I'll listen to whatever you say from now on," Asuma laid down the challenge.

"Of course, if I win, you resign," Asuma added.

"It's a deal then," Mutsuki revealed a smile.

Following that, Mutsuki sent out a Shadow Clone to bring Shisui over.

...

Asuma sized up Shisui

"This is Uchiha Shisui, a student in my class, just turned six and entered first grade this year."

"And this is Sarutobi Asuma, a Genin who just graduated this year," Mutsuki introduced the two to each other.

"Uchiha Shisui, let me tell you now. If you can't keep up later, surrender quickly to avoid getting hurt. I won't go easy on you," Asuma warned.

"I'll keep that in mind, Sarutobi-senpai," Shisui replied earnestly.

"Begin!" Mutsuki wasted no time and, after the two assumed their stances, declared the start.

As soon as Mutsuki finished speaking, Asuma charged out, swiftly swinging his fists towards Shisui.

Shisui calmly met him, engaging in close combat with Asuma.

The two exchanged blows continuously, and despite Asuma's relatively tall stature, he didn't seem to gain an advantage.

Asuma's expression changed after a couple of moves. He realized that Shisui was not as simple as he thought, but he didn't expect him to be this challenging.

Not only did Asuma fail to gain an advantage, but he also found himself retreating three meters due to Shisui seizing the opportunity with a Konoha Whirlwind Kick, driven by Asuma's eagerness to gain the upper hand.

However, Shisui did not press his advantage because, when Mutsuki brought him over, he had instructed to defeat Asuma from all directions if possible.

A Genin who had already graduated being kicked back three meters by a student who had just become a Genin in Taijutsu combat—even with only Mutsuki watching on the sidelines—Asuma felt his face couldn't bear it, and his complexion reddened.

Without considering why Shisui didn't pursue, Asuma's only thought at the moment was to defeat Shisui, save face, and prove himself.

"Fire Release: Great Flame Jutsu!" Asuma swiftly formed hand seals, releasing a burst of chakra and exhaling a large amount of flames.

"Fire Release: Great Fireball Jutsu!" Shisui also began forming hand seals, concentrating a large amount of chakra in his mouth, then expelled it in a breath, transforming it into flames.

The two Fire Release techniques collided, and with more flames and greater momentum, Shisui quickly overwhelmed Asuma's Fire Release. He then continued charging towards Asuma.

Asuma was dumbfounded in the face of the Ninjutsu confrontation, standing still and watching the fireball continuously approaching him without making a move.

He wondered why—why he would lose to a student who had just entered the ninja academy, and in such a miserable defeat. In Taijutsu combat, he was kicked back three meters, and in Ninjutsu confrontation, he was directly suppressed.

Was he truly useless except for being Lord Third's son? Asuma started deeply questioning himself.

As the fireball gradually closed in, feeling the warmth of the flames, Asuma finally snapped out of his thoughts and moved to dodge. However, with his speed, he couldn't avoid being affected by the fireball.

At that moment, Mutsuki intervened. Chakra surged as he swiftly formed hand seals.

"Water Release: Water Wall!"

A thick water wall appeared in front of Asuma, blocking the incoming massive fireball.

"S-sensei..."

---

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja