Chapter 84: Discovering A New System Mechanism

Saturday morning.

Because Mutsuki had made plans with Minato and others for a detailed teaching session on squirrel fish, he dispatched a Shadow Clone to guide the disciples. Meanwhile, he himself was at Minato and Kushina's home in the main district of Konoha teaching them cooking.

The reason for not switching roles, with the Shadow Clone teaching disciples and the main body teaching cooking, is mainly because the Shadow Clone does not have the benefit of chef skill.

Ninjutsu that Mutsuki can perform can all be done by the Shadow Clone, but skills like cooking and teaching are not usable by the Shadow Clone.

Mutsuki placed a fish on the cutting board and had Minato and Kushina watch as he explained while cutting the fish:

"When dealing with fish, first make a diagonal cut behind the gills to sever the backbone."

Mutsuki chopped off the fish head and then reminded them:

"After cutting off the fish head, give it a little treatment. Cut off this side of the gill cover so that it will sit well when frying later. It will look much better when served."

"No wonder mine doesn't look good; there was still this step." Kushina revealed an enlightened expression.

While handling the fish meat, Mutsuki cautioned the two to control their strength carefully. Cutting three-fourths into the fish meat is enough; don't pierce the fish skin, or it will be considered a failure in appearance.

At this stage, Mutsuki took out two prepared fish for Kushina and Minato to practice with.

Minato's performance was decent, perhaps fearing cutting through the fish meat, he went a bit shallower. On the other hand, Kushina directly pierced the fish skin.

"Haha, this fish meat is too soft, cut through it in one go. Mutsuki, do you have a fish with firmer meat?" Kushina attempted to shift the blame of her failure into the fish.

"If the meat is too tough, would you even eat it?" Mutsuki showed a helpless smile.

Fortunately, Mutsuki was well-prepared, and he took another fish for Kushina to try.

With the experience from the first attempt, Kushina made three cuts before piercing the fish skin, showing significant progress.

"From now on, Minato, I'll leave the fish cutting to you." Kushina said with a serious expression. To avoid wasting Mutsuki's time, Kushina decided not to challenge the fish for the time being.

The teaching continued, with Mutsuki explaining each step meticulously. After the explanation, he immediately had the two practice.

Teaching this way was slow, and by noon, Mutsuki hadn't managed to guide Kushina and Minato in making a complete squirrel fish dish. They had only completed the instructional part.

It wasn't until around two in the afternoon that Mutsuki, with the two in tow, finally produced their respective squirrel fish dishes.

It could be considered completed, but there were significant differences in appearance.

"Clearly, we followed step by step, but why is there still such a big difference in the end?" Kushina felt that their finished products were still far from Mutsuki's.

"After all, we are beginners. With more practice, the appearance should improve," Minato said.

Minato was quite satisfied; he had actually completed such a seemingly complex dish.

If cooking skills had levels, Minato felt that this squirrel fish dish was at least a B-level difficulty.

He immediately added this dish to the menu for when Jiraiya returned.