Chapter 110: Making A Name For Oneself

"Third-sama."

"Hokage-sama."

When Sarutobi Hiruzen arrived, Group C had just finished drawing lots, and the students greeted Sarutobi Hiruzen one after another.

"Just treat it like usual, everyone. I'm just here to observe," Sarutobi Hiruzen said with a gentle smile.

"Number one, Mitarashi Anko, and number two, Asakawa Sanken, are ready to begin the fight," Shadow Clone Mutsuki announced, taking charge of the test.

The students called by Mutsuki swiftly went to the battlefield, assuming their positions and preparing for the fight.

Sarutobi Hiruzen glanced around. To avoid interfering with each other, the testing locations for the three groups were not close.

"Mutsuki, you've worked hard for these five weeks, taking care of over three hundred students alone," Sarutobi Hiruzen sighed.

In this situation, one person simply isn't enough; Shadow Clones are necessary.

As such, while Mutsuki's main body remained beside him, his Shadow Clone continued to oversee the exam.

"Doing what needs to be done," Mutsuki replied with a smile, not saying much.

Third nodded with a smile, shifting his gaze to the ongoing battle.

Although Anko was at a height disadvantage facing her opponent Asakawa Sanken, a fourth-year student, she didn't hold backs engaging in close combat directly.

Anko's Taijutsu was aggressive, the type where she'd take hits but ensure her opponent took heavier ones.

Feeling the many onlookers' eyes, Asakawa Sanken inwardly lamented. He struggled to withstand Anko's relentless assaults.

Taking advantage of Anko's momentum, Asakawa Sanken retreated onto a tree, then dashed upward. From there, he hurled a plethora of Shuriken at Anko, attempting to kite her.

However, Anko wasn't shaken off. Having undergone tree climbing training, she had practiced forest combat techniques and quickly caught up to Asakawa Sanken, engaging him in a battle of wits and strength among the trees.

Clone Jutsu, Transformation Jutsu, and Substitution Jutsu, the three fundamental Ninjutsu, were employed by both individuals.

"Mutsuki, this Mitarashi Anko is a student in your class, right?" Sarutobi Hiruzen suddenly asked.

Due to Mutsuki's class's outstanding performance previously, he had a slight impression of the top students in Mutsuki's class.

"Yes, she's a student in Class 1-1," Mutsuki nodded.

"To have such Chakra Control ability and Ninjutsu proficiency in the first year is quite remarkable," Sarutobi Hiruzen nodded, stroking his chin.

He was pleased with Mutsuki's teaching results. The strength demonstrated by the students from both teams was impressive, especially considering they were from Group C, which had progressed the least.

"Yes, with this level of skill, even average third-year and fourth-year students might not measure up," remarked the Chunin sensei who had come along with Sarutobi Hiruzen.

"Her opponent is also good. With a bit more practice, he should reach graduation level," Sarutobi Hiruzen continued.

Other Chunin sensei also nodded in agreement.

One Chunin sensei in particular was especially astonished, as Asakawa Sanken was a student in his class.

He remembered this student as quite average, so he was surprised by the significant progress made in just five weeks of special training.