46

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

Me and my father walked around the garden, it was about a month later, my stomach was noticeable and I haven't been out the palace since, I've been nervous to leave, actually.

"I'm happy to know I have a grandchild." He says, clearing the awkward silence that has exist between us for the twenty minutes we walked around the garden.

I nod.

"I'm sorry for the way I've behaved through your life, my abuse was never the right choice, I was too angry and I realized that after I left from visiting you, I've been seeing my private psychiatrist lately. I suppose my childhood backfired and I let it out on my generation, my family, I'm so sorry my child."

His words almost pierce my heart. I blink and stop walking. I look at him and tears fill my eyes. I don't know if it was me just being with child or if his words actually made me cry.

"Papa." I say, accidentally. "Father." I correct myself

I watch him wince, and inside I wince as well.

"I believe we can grow behind this, though it's been many years.. I believe we can grow to love each other as a family again." I grab his hands.

He gave me a warm smile.

"I believe the same kiddo, my intelligent youngest." He kissed my forehead. The sudden physical reaction makes me flinch.

I'm quick to apologize but he holds his hands up to dismiss it. "It's fine, I get it.. I was the same as a kid. But I promise, I'll get better, better for our family and my grandchild." He held onto my hand squeezing it softly.

"Okay papa, I'll be counting on the years of hanging out we missed up on." I winked at him.

Serafina ran at my side, "okay! If you deliver the baby speech—phew" she took some time to breathe before continuing. "If you deliver the speech today we will have time to get you and all of the family packed up for Your royal highness Philo's wedding and his lover, your royal highness Davari!" She smiled grabbing a small notebook from her apron pocket.

"Alright, uhm.." I let go of my father's hand.

"You know what you're doing kid." He bumped shoulders with me. "I must go back to your mom before she talks those boys heads off! I bet she already told Elioenai about the story of us traveling here." I laughed as I waved him off.

—-
I stood before the cheering people of Mysthaven, almost of the whole country was here, the country of Mysthaven, of course.