28

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

"I guess I've always been this way? The abuse always knitted at me and I'd always let it, I could never look on the bright side cause there was no bright side to look on, there was nowhere that I could call safe."

I looked up at them, gulping. My words feel caught in my throat and I feel beads of sweat form on my forehead. My heartbeat increased in quick palpations and my breathing shortened.

"Don't panic, it's okay, deep breaths deep breaths." Elioenai caressed the back of my nape.

Agustine rubbed small circles on the low of  my back.

"I guess my father always had this aggressive nature, being a giant he always had anger to let out, rather it was town people affairs or-or economy issues with the kingdom.." my voice shook.

"I remember one time the agriculture was falling down in huge rates due to a rodent issues going around the main town of Galespire's kingdom and my mother tried to calm him down and it ended up backfiring on me. Somehow I was blamed and I was put in the prisoner cells for an hour, I Remember the rancid smell of vomit and bodily fluids, I remember seeing a rat or too nibbling at the remains of a disposed body."

Elioenai eyes were widened, Agustine eyes were low and his jaw was clenched.

"I cried so hard that night that it was hard to see, my eyes were so swollen and my throat felt raw, I never want to experience something like that again, I don't know.. it was like.. I was a prisoner myself, in my own home."

"I swallowed hard, shaking my head I continue speaking. "I think it started when I was 7 or 8 years of age, my father got more aggressive as I grew up, and all along I'd just obey his every move every time and anytime he'd tell me to do anything."

"That includes starving yourself?" Agustine asks with a steady voice, it's like he was being careful with the way he said it.

Took aback from the sudden question I awkwardly cough, scratch the back of my neck and look down at my lap.

My brows furrowed.

I knew the answered yet it was hard to speak.

"Yes, but I'd prefer if we didn't speak about that, I'm very uncomfortable with talking about that topic.. that's—, this is all I can and wish to tell you as of right now.. I'm rather.. bothered.?"

"Hey, hey. I understand, we understand." Elioenai whispers with care. I smile thanking him with a nod.

Agustine kisses my forehead. "You're so strong."