44

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

"What? What do you mean? I'm not carrying I- I'm no." I stammered over my words.

My heart felt as if it might beat out of my chest.

"You're an elf, no elf reacts like that to blood and, your eating habits, your emotions, you smell different." Elioenai states.

"Fine, you caught me, I was going to tell you okay, I just wanted to make sure that this was real, that—that the baby wouldn't be dead in like two weeks or something because of my complicated genes." I reasoned with them.

"And that's okay." Agustine ran his hands down my arms. Elioenai joined our hug. "I'm so happy, so very happy," he kissed my temple.

I shook my head.

"Me too uhm, the baby's like seven weeks now so.."

Agustine rubbed my tummy.

"Definitely calling the royal physician for tomorrow."

I ran my hand through my hair. "Uhm it's the one my mom recruited me, right?" I was much more comfortable with that physician.

"Yes of course, she told us about the change in doctors but we never really understood why." Agustine says.

"Alright, now that supper is finished, let's go to bed, yes?" Elioenai cupped my face.

I nodded.

As we walked to the bedroom I couldn't shake the need for blood, it was like I needed it.

I was craving a cup of blood, it was probably the child? Should I tell them or maybe it's weird I'm drinking blood..? But they drink it all the time so it wouldn't really matter right?

"Blood." I murmured.

"Sorry?" Elioenai turned his head stopping his steps. I licked my lips.

Beads of sweat formed on my forehead, it felt as if I was going to pass out. I felt a sudden wave of nausea hit me. My ears twitched at the sound of the flowing crimson liquid flowing through one of the near by servants.

My heart beat was quick and so was my movement. I dashed towards the servant and tackled her, the vein going down her arm made me hiss out and I opened my mouth ready to sink my dull fangs in her skin.

I was pulled back before I could do so, no, yanked back. Elioenai helped the servant up and Agustine let out a lowered curse word.