26

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

Dinner that night was silent, no one spoke until my father broke the silence. He asked Agustine and Elioenai about tasks they had pertaining to the townspeople and full on Mysthaven country.

They spoke about trivalent matters such as economy, the soldiers and agriculture. I zoned their voices out as I fiddled with the fork on the plate.

The food looked enlarged, the roast looked as if it was a giants serving, the mash potatoes looked like big mountain.. how could I stomach this down..?

My father eyes stared at my plate and his face curled up into a mean frown, as if it was a warning to not eat..

I had to ear though, Agustine and Elioenai wouldn't let me leave until I finished eating, I know this because of the first few weeks I've been with them.

"Is the food not well?" Agustine asks looking at the barely eaten food on my plate. Elioenai eyes travel to me as well, he gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Oh yes, it's lovely I'm just savoring it, small bites now and then." I smiled clasping my hands together. My father interrupted Agustine before he could speak, he continued on about his journey to the ice land, Frostharbor.

I couldn't eat with my father in here, he already said something about my figure when he arrived.. I nibble on my nails and bounce my right leg. I stared at my plate and lifted my fork.

I continued to play with my food, I hid a chunk of roast under the mash potatoes so it looked as if I eaten it. I nibbled on a small baby carrot for a good five minutes.

My father looked at me and gave me a nod of approval. My mouth watered at the sight of the roast but instead I dug into the mash potatoes.

Dinner was over in 30 minutes, I watched as the servants grab all of our plates, my stomach rumbled in protest, still hungry.

Elioenai eyebrow quirks up.

"We shall go rest, it'was a nice supper, goodnight." My father left, along with my mother, the both of them hand in hand. It was so fake it made me smile a bit.

I realize how silent it was and the both of them looked at me like I was completely crazy. "What was that, Zephyrine?" Elioenai crosses his arms.

I frown.

"What do you mea-"

"Your plate. You barely ate, and your weird ass father kept looking at you... Is he encouraging you to starve yourself..?" Agustine asked.